TC1000 Tablet PC

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/TC1000 Tablet PC

Colvette(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi, All,

I'm fairly new to Blitz (I say "fairly new" - I did use the original Blitz basic on the Amiga!), but I think it's great!

I am, however having a bit of an issue with it. I only buy laptop computers (I like to be able to move around!), and even though I have one I use as a workstation, the one I use the most is my Compaq TC1000 Tablet PC.

The machine spec is 1GHz Crusoe with GeForce2 Go 3D acceleration. For development, this works fine, and everything runs OK, but the problem is that if I turn off debug, or indeed try to run compiled Blitz programs on the machine, the programs don't work... :(

The window for the program opens (filled with black), then a few seconds later it closes.

The machine is completely up to date on drivers, and I've tried a few different settings on the GFX card to see if they made a difference.

I realise this isn't a problem with Blitz, but has anyone else come up against anything like this, and more importantly, did anyone solve it?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Col.

Bremer(Posted 2004) [#2]
There are a long post about this in the b3d bug section, and I believe they found the problem somewhere towards the end of the post.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=27058

Colvette(Posted 2004) [#3]
Fantastic! Read through that unfeasibly long thread, and life is good again.

Thanks, Zawran! :)

Bremer(Posted 2004) [#4]
No problem :)