From Scratch

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/From Scratch

LaserBob(Posted 2004) [#1]
Just downloaded Blitz 3D and want to know about the best (any?) printable or already in book form, tutorials. Have some VB experience, otherwise I'm totally NEW to B3D.

Thanks,
LaserBob
(Retired Laser Physicist - really!)

CyberHeater(Posted 2004) [#2]
Check out the tutorial that comes with Blitz3D. It's a great start. Also, look at the code archives on this site. It's got good information.

Also, WELCOME ABOARD :).

A retired laser physicist eh. About time we got a bit of class round here ;)

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#3]
Hey, also check out

http://www.blitzcoder.com

it has lots of tutorials and stuff for beginners :)

Oh, and welcome =)

puki(Posted 2004) [#4]
Hi "LaserBob" - you sound like you should be in 'Toy Story 3'. Just kidding - don't take offence to that.

Hope you have fun with Blitz.

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#5]
Welcome to the forum, browse around or ask if you run into problems. I think there are a couple of books about Blitz, someone can probably give their opinions on them. And another thing, start on a small project, a lot of peolpe, including myself, have started on large projects from day 1 and never finished them.

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#6]
Yep you've reached the best place already!

Spec(Posted 2004) [#7]
I bought a great book called "Learn to Program 2D Games in Blitz Basic" this is a very good read and I have learnt a lot from it.

Have also heard of one called "Games programming for teans" but have not bought that one yet :)

Like the other guys say though you can learn a lot from here and BlitzCoder site, everyone on this site are friendly and will help if possible !! :)

Happy coding!!! :))

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#8]
Welcome bob =) , just ask any questions you like.

You will find like the rest of us did that this forum is the best you've ever found ^^

LaserBob(Posted 2004) [#9]
Thanks for all responses, guys. This is like having a personal "brain" trainer. Just send a question into cyberspace and the answer comes back shortly. What a deal!

I'll most certainly be back. Thanks again folks.
LaserBob

puki(Posted 2004) [#10]
Say hi to "Buzz" and "Woody" - just joking - again.

StOrM3(Posted 2004) [#11]
Yea, I can personally atest to the fact this is the best community of any 3d development package I have tried yet.

Always there with a response, and glad to help.