Easy way to workout Frame Rate FramePerSec

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Easy way to workout Frame Rate FramePerSec

Apollonius(Posted 2004) [#1]
I'd like the easyess example to set a certain frame rate

dunno like
FPS 30

I need the easyess example fopr dummies :\

Help me guys, thanks :P

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#2]
don't worry about framerates so much until you get the language down. That's the downfall of most new programmers. They get in over their heads trying to do too much too fast and get overwhelmed by the sheer immensity of it all. I only say this because I see in your other thread you are having trouble with simple for:next loops.

Try to get a handle on the basics of logic and programming without worrying about things like framerates and animation and other advanced subjects.

Having said that I know you won't listen (I probably wouldn't either) so click on "code archives" above and look around. There's a lot of frame rate / timing code in there.

Kanati

Apollonius(Posted 2004) [#3]
I looked at thoses before but thoses arent simple lol :P

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#4]
Exactly. It's an intermediate subject. Take a look at my answers in your other two threads. They should help a bit with those issues.

Kanati

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#5]
Removed, cause i'm a dumb ass...

Stuart Morgan(Posted 2004) [#6]
The simplest way to set a certain framerate would be to use a timer, for example

Graphics3D 1024,768,16,1
Setbuffer BackBuffer()

Timer_Frame = CreateTimer(30)

Camera = CreateCamera()

While Not Keyhit(1)

WaitTimer(Timer_Frame)

UpdateWorld
RenderWorld

Flip

Wend
End

I think this is the simplest way but there are much better ways of achieving a set framerate and I wouldnt recommend using this in a game.