Executable program help

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Executable program help

Spec(Posted 2004) [#1]
I have done a program which loads 3 images and a sound file, how do I make an executable program so that it compiles the files with it, so I don't have to put the images and sound files in a folder with it once finished???

I have tried everything but can't seem to get it to work!

I can make an executable but I have to put the images etc in the folder with it!!!! I don't want to do this>

Please help??????

RifRaf(Posted 2004) [#2]
Blitz3D does not pack data into the EXE. You will have to use a 3rd party program to do that. Molebox is really good. I think its at www.molebox.com Terabit made a data packer that will let you pack all your resource files into a single data file to include with the exe.

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#3]
This is not true. You do not NEED a 3rd party program to pack the data into the .exe, that's what DATA statements are for.

Some 3rd party IDE's will conveniently do this for you as well.

But like I said, you can do it yourself.

Spec(Posted 2004) [#4]
Can you explain how please?

GfK(Posted 2004) [#5]
Rifraf is right - get Molebox. All other methods are woefully inferior.

Kev(Posted 2004) [#6]

Rifraf is right - get Molebox. All other methods are woefully inferior.

We have just finished adding code to blitzlockit we can now access media at runtime on the fly, we store media in the exe. when the exe is run we make a quick asm call to get the media from the exe in memory, and dump it into a bank. were just working on code to make indexed media management.

not only have we added media support, we can also get exe data at runtime RC_DATA mainly for anti crack protection.

and all this without needing to distribute any .dll, its all done using blitz.

kev

Spec(Posted 2004) [#7]
so someone tell me how to do it then please :) ??

Kev(Posted 2004) [#8]
you first need to learn how an execuatable file is built. then you need away to add/move the data from the exe to blitz.

first i say look at pe files.
http://www.windowsitlibrary.com/Content/356/11/1.html

search round the net for pe related examples/information, ect.

kev

TeraBit(Posted 2004) [#9]
If you don't want to buy anything but simply want to keep your files in the .exe, then you can simply use TeraPak. It's not as full featured as MoleBox, but the price it right ;).

Download TeraPak

Spec(Posted 2004) [#10]
WOLRON please explain as your sounds the easiest!!

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Don't forget this is the Learers section!!

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#11]
@Spec actualy Terabits is easiest....