texture problem

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/texture problem

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#1]
does any know what im doing wrong.... i have a model im working on, and wanted to test how it looked in blitz
...not good the texture is either slipping or bleeding, im not sure whats going wrong :(
the model has a uv map (lightwave Atlas type)

any ideas welcome ?

TeraBit(Posted 2004) [#2]
How are you loading it into blitz? Are you saving as an .X or converting from .LWO using one of the export/convertors?

Are all your UVs in the 0 - 1 Range?

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#3]
hi lee
converting using your converter the beta version..i saw in a link a while ago...bones works fine...ive messed up somewhere as the problem only appears to be on the head

the uv values are set to 0

TeraBit(Posted 2004) [#4]
Try doing it with the older (tried and trusted) LWConvert version available in the specs and utils tab and see if that makes any difference.

The new one should be ok. But that's the nature of Beta stuff, best to try both so you dont have any doubts.

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#5]
i will..but i dont think its the converter...i think i screwed up somewhere with the uv maps...and baking

cheers

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#6]
terrabit

just to let you know it wasnt any of the converters it was
...as usual me....it worked fine i had a messed up uv map in there......just gota say great work on those converters

TeraBit(Posted 2004) [#7]
Glad to hear it. They're now so complicated internally that changes tend to duff things. :)

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#8]
lee do you know if lighwave 8 are altering there file formats and if so will you be on the case with the converters

also wished id known about tattoo ive just forked out 500+ on deeppaint3D..grrrrr