update probs!!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/update probs!!

jasper(Posted 2004) [#1]
i'm either doing something wrong or it's not working right, after downloadig the updates for blitz basic i install them "as u do" the 2d update works fine i have no probs with this, but it's when i install the 3d updates what ever u type in it does not load so when testing print "....." a screen jumps up and goes within a second, i'v re-installed the program nad it works fine without the 3d updates any ideas?

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#2]
There are 3 products. Blitz2D,Blitz3D and BlitzPlus. Only install the updates to the products you own. If you only purchased Blitz3D you must only install Blitz3D Updates...

jasper(Posted 2004) [#3]
i have downloaded that right type as i own blitz 3d and they r all blitz 3d updates :(

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#4]
ok
just Install blitz3D then only install b3d update 1.83 to 1.86

jasper(Posted 2004) [#5]
i'm sure i'v tried this and i have the same prob, but i'll give it another after work.

cermit(Posted 2004) [#6]
print ".....", a screen jumps up and goes within a second

I hope you used waitkey() or something similar after you used the print command..
If you didnt, there shouldnt be anything wrong about the update stuff only the code

Edit*
it works fine without the 3d updates

ok nevermind...

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#7]
ehhhh.....

So you have both BlitzBasic and Blitz3D???

You've updated BlitzBasic fine

But Blitz3D is not updating correctly

Is this right???

jasper(Posted 2004) [#8]
my bad, when i said blitzbasic i ment biltz3d, and no its not updating correctly

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#9]

the 2d update works fine i have no probs with this, but it's when i install the 3d updates what ever u type in it does not load

That really confused me.....

jasper(Posted 2004) [#10]
in the update area there is 2 different types a 2d update and a few 3d updates, after the 2d update is installed the blitz program is fine but after the 3d update is in anything u try to wright no longer runs

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#11]
surely you only need to install the latest update.
Also, what exactly is the test program you are trying?

if it's just:

Print "test"

then that will show a black screen for the briefest of moments and then end the program

try:
print "test"

Waitkey()
end

cermit(Posted 2004) [#12]
That's what i mean :)

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#13]
Maybe installing the 2d updates, broke blitz3d.

Only install 3d updates :)

cermit(Posted 2004) [#14]
I dont have acces to the 2D updates anymore ( i have Blitz3D ), i had before but it works fine :) i think Ross is right.

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#15]
kwl

well dine ross

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#16]
I'm missing something here.

There ARE NO 2D UPDATES. Blitz3D has one update scheme only. You don't update 2D and then 3D functionality.

Go to "account" and choose the link for Blitz3D version 1.86 and run it. That's it. All she wrote.

Kanati

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#17]

There ARE NO 2D UPDATES. Blitz3D has one update scheme only. You don't update 2D and then 3D functionality.

Go to "account" and choose the link for Blitz3D version 1.86 and run it. That's it. All she wrote.

Though I'm guessing you might want to re-install Blitz3D first if you have run the 2D update on it!

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#18]
@All u need 1.83 > 1.85 as well... blitz skipps some stuff...