Cinema4D question

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Cinema4D question

PowerPC603(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi there,

I have 3DS Max 4.2, but it is a hacked version and the problem is that it crashes very often, especially when saving the scene.

But I have also the full version of Cinema4D V4 on my Amiga, which runs fine.

Is there a way to convert these scenes (without any loss of data, regarding the textures, colors, and specific geometry data) to a format Blitz3D can use?

I tried some program (don't know the name anymore) a while ago, which could load C4D scenes, but it could only handle C4D V6 files.

And for buying the full version of 3DS Max, it's a bit too expensive for me.

I'm just beginning with the creation of games, and I would like to use an easy, familiar program, without the need for creating the scene in program A, texturing in program B, some other thinsg in program C and so on.

The converter may be a shareware program, which I must register to use, but also freeware is welcome.

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#2]
It's not a good idea to admit taht u have illegal versions of programs

GfK(Posted 2004) [#3]
Hi there,

I have 3DS Max 4.2, but it is a hacked version and the problem is that it crashes very often, especially when saving the scene.
Oh dear me...

Rob(Posted 2004) [#4]
Locked city here we come.

Tom(Posted 2004) [#5]
PowerPC, forward the Question to support@... they may be able to help.

PowerPC603(Posted 2004) [#6]
Ok, I was wrong with telling you that I've an illegal version.
But when I use it for about 2 minutes, it crashes.
So it's actually the same as not having the program, because I cannot use it.

I was just wondering if there's a program that can convert Amiga c4D V4 scenes to Blitz3D file formats.

I found a program, capable of importing C4D files (Deep Exploration), but does anyone know if it can handle Amiga C4D V4 files?

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#7]
I dunno man. Maybe you'll have more luck in the tools section of the forum :)

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#8]
What file formats can Cinema4D export to? It's website lists some static file formats like 3ds, but can it export to any animated file formats like .x? If so, you can convert from that to b3d using Ultimate Unwrap.

By the way, Maxon's site makes me whimper. Talk about information overload. They need to hire a new web designer.

PowerPC603(Posted 2004) [#9]
I don't think so, because DirectX isn't available on the Amiga, so that format is useless (for the Amiga-community anyway).

I don't think C4D can export to other formats directly.
It's been a while since I used the Amiga (about a year).

With the full program of C4D was also a fileformat converter, which converts to several other formats.
But none of these are supported by Blitz.

I will try to find any possible format that can be imported by the demo of Deep Exploration (or Gile[s]), to see if any format can be used.

Kornflex(Posted 2004) [#10]
Cinema4D can Import/Export in theses formats (animated or not) :

3D Studio, Cinema 4D XML, Direct 3D, DXF, FBX, Quickdraw 3D, Shockwave 3D, STL, UZR, VRML 1, VRML 2 and Wavefront.

Regards,

salah(Posted 2005) [#11]
chekout www.binaryweave.net/start.aspx ...

mrmango(Posted 2005) [#12]
Cinema4D can export those if on a PC. The old amiga I am not sure of. Can you not tell us what it can export from the export option?

mango