Retro Games

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Retro Games

Faz(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi

I am very new to Blitz 3d I had the old blitz on my amiga and then PC blitz when it first came out, now I am going to purchase Blitz 3D in the hope of programming a few of the old classics, what I need to know is anyone writing a version of Highway Encounter for the PC, the old isometric game for spectrum and amstrad. I am going to try and do this being fairly familiar with Blitz 2D. Or maybe even the old Atari and amiga game Backlash.. both classics in their own way..... Work won't start until end of March though, I haven't ordered Blitz 3d yet! and my old Blitz 2d is just scratched to bits.

Byeee

puki(Posted 2004) [#2]
I wouldn't worry about if they were "Faz" (assuming that is why you posted).

If you want to use Blitz3D sooner, you could get a copy of this month's PC Format - the Blitz3D demo they have on their coverdisk doesn't time out after x amount of uses. Then you can still buy the full version of Blitz3D later in the month.

Faz(Posted 2004) [#3]
cheers for that reply..... I will probably do that, what are the restrictions with the PC formats blitz 3d demo.

puki(Posted 2004) [#4]
Seems to be a full version but limited to 16k filesize (source code) - you seem to be able to us plenty of media. It's enough do dabble around in.

Faz(Posted 2004) [#5]
nice...... I'll look out for that, just to get we into the swing of programming again!

Uncle(Posted 2004) [#6]
I thought about doing that remake a few months back, but got side tracked. Perhaps you should check out www.remakes.org if you haven't already. They have a list on the opening page which shows what is out their already.

Cheers,

Unc

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#7]
It can't create executables either i believe :)

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#8]
That is true :) and it would be darn silly if it can does any one know if it includes the include comand