Memory acces violation Second time round

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Memory acces violation Second time round

Chimeara(Posted 2004) [#1]
I've just updated my Blitz 3D and now, if i run my programe i'm making twice before shutting down in between, it returns the error "Memory acces violation". But the first time i run the programe after starting the computer it works perfictly.

Knotz(Posted 2004) [#2]
What error do you get when you start the program twice in debugmode?

Chimeara(Posted 2004) [#3]
"Memory access violation"

(tu) sinu(Posted 2004) [#4]
don't know but maybe the first run proggy is not freeing something the second one requires, that is if your running too at the same time.

ps i think that's a long shot though, cos i've run the same app using the same resources multiple times without problem.

Knotz(Posted 2004) [#5]
Do you delete any resources in the app, like files?

What have you tried to solve the problem?

BlitzSupport(Posted 2004) [#6]
What's the program doing?

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#7]
This occurs too with a program I wrote if I ran it, exited it (by clicking the Close Window icon rather than ENDing the program properly), then ran it again very quickly. I guess it's down to the program utilising the same area of memory or something. Although 'Memory Access Vioolation' is a common error with regards to images and sounds etc. when the DebugMode is turned off...

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#8]
I tend to think you probably haven't got debugmode on still, as memory access violations don't occur often in debug mode. It's very easily done.

Are you using any UserLibs or External DLL's? Those produce the odd memory access violation in debugmode, because you can't debug an already compiled DLL. It could be that the external DLL hasn't been closed down properly. I don't use many so I don't know, but if you were using Tokamak ( for example ) and didn't close it down properly, it may be looking for things that no longer exist when you run it a second time.

Chimeara(Posted 2004) [#9]
I seem to have solved it (donno how) but i think it was to do with my computer not blitz, thanx