Flash as a UI? Anyone tried it?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Flash as a UI? Anyone tried it?

BulletMagnet(Posted 2004) [#1]
Has anyone tried to use macromedia Flash as a UI for their game?

I was reading about Flash integration on their site and it can be integrated as an ActiveX control into any C# application. I may not have the concept right but, could Flash be added as a user library for blitz3d?

Any thoughts?

soja(Posted 2004) [#2]
I suppose you could just load it up in an HTML control in BlitzPlus, too (assuming Flash were installed, of course).

BulletMagnet(Posted 2004) [#3]
Thanks Soja,
What I was looking for was a way to overlay Flash UI onto a Blitz3d application. (ie all my controls and widgets in flash on top of my 3d scene.)

Can BlitzPlus do this? Can it draw its UI with transparency over the 3dScene? (I don't have blitzplus and haven't really messed with it yet.)

Thanks for any help,

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#4]
You don't have anyw ay of capturing the HTML events in B+ at the moment tho. I'm sure its possible, but its not been done yet.

The easiest(?) way might be to use VB (and the VBAdvance DLL).

soja(Posted 2004) [#5]
What I was looking for was a way to overlay Flash UI onto a Blitz3d application.

Yeah I know... Rather than trying to be helpful I think I was being more pensive and analytical - sorry! =)

aCiD2(Posted 2004) [#6]
I still think that the best way to do this would be to make a userlib due to the fact that you can then have event capturing. but thats jsut me :)