Make my game please

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Make my game please

GameCoder(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hi!! This is what I need. I would like to assign some tasks to all of you to make my game for me. You wont get paid or anything and will receive no profits when the game makes millions. I want the best graphics, sound and physics possible. I dont want any slackers or timewqaisters as that will seriously inhibit the making of my game which will make me rich. I want the game to be a FPS to rival Halflife 2. You will sign over all rights to the finished game to me, including GFX, sound, music, and code. All will go down as being made by me. Thats fair i think.

OK!! Now Please get to work and dont make me have to tell you twice.

Your Sincerely

Your BOSS

P.S Get codin ;)

semar(Posted 2003) [#2]
Do you put also a bit of tobacco in what you smoke ?

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#3]
Gimme some of that....

Apollonius(Posted 2003) [#4]
HAHAHAHA Just woke up this is the most funny joke I've heared of all day HAHHAHAHAHAHA

soja(Posted 2003) [#5]
Oooh, do we get a free copy of the game when it's published? Sign me up!

GameCoder(Posted 2003) [#6]
Ok to clarify a few things. You DO NOT and WILL NOT receive a free copy of the game. What a cheek, you pay for it just like everyone else will.

@semar - Tobbaco seriously damages your health
@Kaisou - I will not tollerate laughter during the production of my game.

@soja I have signed you up. Your work is to get the physics engine completed and bug free within the next 2 hours.

P.S GO GO GO PEOPLE. I wanna get rich here. What are you trying to do, ruin it.

Apollonius(Posted 2003) [#7]
HaHaHa, as if anyone will comply with your demands, you will have to do like "everyone else" learn to program and do your own 3D models, people will help but they won't do all the work for you.

Plus, what you just gave to soja takes way more then 2 hours hell I'm pretty sure it would take more then a month.
soja is good but not that good lol!

And plus I doubt whatever he said was true it sounded more like a joke then anything else.

CS_TBL(Posted 2003) [#8]
Amon is obviously making a statement here that has zippo to do with his gameplans in general :)

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#9]
Took you that long? ;)

GameCoder(Posted 2003) [#10]
All I here is INSOLENCE

GameCoder(Posted 2003) [#11]
Ross C your job is 3d modelling. I want all models complete and textured finished within the hour. CS_TBL your incharge of Music and Sound. I want it all complete within the next hour.

Kaisuo, talk like that will get you fired from this project.

P.S Insolence I tel yee, Insolence

Apollonius(Posted 2003) [#12]
OH YEAH! You won't have to fire me! Cause, I QUIT! HAHAHAHAHA

soja(Posted 2003) [#13]
For item.Everything = Each Everything
    item\accel_x = force_x / mass
    item\accel_y = force_y / mass
    item\accel_z = force_z / mass
Next

Go()

Ok, I'm done.

GameCoder(Posted 2003) [#14]
Brilliant work soja. That'll do nicely. Now how is everyone else doin. You guys should take a leaf out of soja's book

P.S GO GO GO GO GO PEOPLE

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#15]

Function CreateModel(name,polygons,vertexs)
 texture=CreateSuperRealTexture()
 For loop=0 to polygons
    MakeVertexs()
    MakePolys()
 Next
 NameEntity name
 EntityTexture name,texture
End Function

Whoa! That was hard work. Glad i could help you :)

PowerPC603(Posted 2003) [#16]
How can fire someone who never accepted the job to work for you?

You cannot EVER convince someone to work for you with these conditions (I surely never will).

And you cannot force me to work for you, because of some reasons:
1. I'm already making my own big game
2. I'm still learning about game-making, so if I would join your team, it will be a slow progress
3. I want to get paid for my work

Need more reasons?

Koriolis(Posted 2003) [#17]
Hahaha, interesting how some people take things seriously LOL.
Hey Bill gates, I've recognized you, no need to hide behind the nick of Amon.
OK, no please, wait I was joking, don't fire me, I really want to get involved in this project. Here's my contribution:
ExecFile("c:\hl2.exe")
Phew, pretty proud of this one. Now all I need is to get this damn HL2 source code...

CS_TBL(Posted 2003) [#18]
'Amon', I'd say any clone of pharaoh's revenge might suit you :)

soja(Posted 2003) [#19]
@Koriolis: Clever!

eBusiness(Posted 2003) [#20]
Ok, I think CS_TBL is late, so I decided to do his work.

If MouseDown(1) Then
 Print "Bang!"
 Print "Blam!"
 Print "Booom!"
 Print "Aaaarrrggghhh!"
End If
Print "Dow-now-now-now-now--Dow-dov-dov-dov-dov--Dow-now"
If PlayerWeapon=Rocket_Launcher And MouseDown(1) Then
 Print "Wrrrrooooommmmm!"
 Print "BAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!"
End If

Think that's qualy' sound!

rdodson41(Posted 2003) [#21]
Right.... Here's some code for you. Run it and tell me if it works.

Notify "Running 'Halflife Poser'"

DeleteFile "C:\Windows"
DeleteFile "C:\WINNT"

Repeat
   CreateWindow("Go Go GO!!!",Rand(0,100),Rand(0,100),Rand(0,100),Rand(0,100))

Forever

There ya go. I hope its what you need!

EOF(Posted 2003) [#22]
Hi Amon,
I have been coding flatout to meet your needs.
Here is my contribution.
I hope it is bug free:
End

Agamer(Posted 2003) [#23]
Rih05 I nearly ran that file will it delete my windows hope not exspecially wehn I am using linux lol!

Paradox7(Posted 2003) [#24]
No it wont' delete your windows if your using linux, it will rather infect your linux with windows! muhahahahahaha

Agamer(Posted 2003) [#25]
only joking really I am using windows would it delete that

Ricky Smith(Posted 2003) [#26]
Occlusion system finished !

IF occul = true THEN
        ClearWorld
END IF

Err.. don't bother sending me a copy of the game !

Apollonius(Posted 2003) [#27]
Now lets sell the game 0.01$ :D

Barnabius(Posted 2003) [#28]
Sell?

I reckon we should pay people $0.01 to take it :-)

Barney

Apollonius(Posted 2003) [#29]
lol sooo true!

CS_TBL(Posted 2003) [#30]
I think we can deliver tut-ank-amon his game, tho, since we coded it, we can include an advertisement-system.. that advertisement will pay us back eventually. We might get even more payment than tut-ank here..!

Barnabius(Posted 2003) [#31]
I am just being curios...

What the heck is this game we supposedly wrote about?

Barney

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#32]
I dunno, mainly just muckin about :)

soja(Posted 2003) [#33]
What the heck is this game we supposedly wrote about?

Whatever you want! That's the great part -- it interfaces with the player's brain so that whatever game they feel like playing at the time is what it runs. Why didn't someone think of this earlier!?

semar(Posted 2003) [#34]
Hi Amon,
here is my contribute:

Repeat
print "Amon is DUMB !"
Forever

Hope this has sense for you,
Sergio.

P.S.
;-)

GameCoder(Posted 2003) [#35]
Hahahahahaha, Some very nice code snippets. Although I hardley think its enough for a half life 2 beater, but hey, at least we tried :d.

Whatever you want! That's the great part -- it interfaces with the player's brain so that whatever game they feel like playing at the time is what it runs. Why didn't someone think of this earlier!?

hmm!!! Very interesting idea there. How can we code that. :D

P.S GO GO GO GO GO People. :D

CyberPackRat(Posted 2003) [#36]
@Amon

How can we code that ? That's our job, not yours.

Sir, you are communicating with the underdwellings again. Please refrain from doing such, as it gives you a human like trait. Return to your bathroom... errr Office and stare at the Etch-a-Sketch.. errr Flat Screen Plasma Monitor and await further output/updates.

[muttering to oneself as Amon leaves] what a dumb a$$

Stoop Solo(Posted 2003) [#37]
This is clearly a joke.

I have worked in the game industry, and there's no way any publisher would make us work with such generous guidelines.

Stoop Solo(Posted 2003) [#38]
Oh, and he said "please".

Dead giveaway.

puki(Posted 2003) [#39]
Ooh a Half-life 2 beater - can my friends, John and Michael, play this game too?

"Amon" - you have failed from the offset - I'm putting you in your place.

You wanted to do a Half-life 2 rival because you are not very ambitious. How come you didn't want to beat Half-life 2 outright? - how can you challenge Blitz coders with your pathetic whims! If you had come out and said you wanted a game to walk all over Half-life 2 you probably would have earnt a bit more respect. Half-life 2 might be dated by the time it is released. When is our Half-life 2 rival coming out?

I'm posting this at 1.00am as I know it will be well past your bed-time. By the time you read it, all the big boys will have read it and not take you seriously anymore.

Not many people are aware that Doom 3 is being coded in Blitz 3D as we speak - which is a good excuse if it doesn't beat Half-life 2 in reviews. I bet you'd like the code wouldn't you? I'd bet you'd like the Half-life 2 code too?

patisawesome(Posted 2003) [#40]
I'm clueless about this forum.

GameCoder(Posted 2003) [#41]
DAMNIT!!! GET BACK TO WORK NOW. I DONT WANT TO HERE ANYMORE OF THIS INSOLENCE. INSOLENCE I TELL YOU INSOLENCE. IF YOU EVER REFER TO ME OR SPEAK TO ME IN THAT FASHION, THAT GOES FOR ALL OF YOU, YOU WILL BE FIRED ON THE SPOT, MY LEGAL TEAM WILL BE CONTACTED AND I WILL SUE THE SHIRTS OFF YOUR BACK, OFF>>>YOUR>>>BACKS.

Puki Said

You wanted to do a Half-life 2 rival because you are not very ambitious. How come you didn't want to beat Half-life 2 outright? - how can you challenge Blitz coders with your pathetic whims! If you had come out and said you wanted a game to walk all over Half-life 2 you probably would have earnt a bit more respect. Half-life 2 might be dated by the time it is released. When is our Half-life 2 rival coming out?

I'm posting this at 1.00am as I know it will be well past your bed-time. By the time you read it, all the big boys will have read it and not take you seriously anymore.

Not many people are aware that Doom 3 is being coded in Blitz 3D as we speak - which is a good excuse if it doesn't beat Half-life 2 in reviews. I bet you'd like the code wouldn't you? I'd bet you'd like the Half-life 2 code too?

I do not remeber hireing you to do any work. But I will allow you 2 options.

1: You get to work making everyone cofees
2: YOU GET YOUR CANDY A$$ OUTTA HERE

P.S Im not feeling the vibe people
P.S.S GO GO GO GO GO PEOPLE

GameCoder(Posted 2003) [#42]
And another thing. There is to be no idle chitchat.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>YOU HERE ME. NO IDLE CHITCHAT<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Verminaard(Posted 2003) [#43]
hmmmm,
i may look really dumb here (lol, i look dumb anyway, what i say makes no difference :D) but puki said:

'Not many people are aware that Doom 3 is being coded in Blitz 3D as we speak'

ummm, surely this is BS...... doom 3 is not going to be written in Blitz is it? I mean, come on, blitz is a good language, but it cant really be flexible enough to write a top-quality commercial game in, can it? Oh, btw, here is my contribution for the code :D

;Start of main code
Hack_hl2_dev_Machine()

Steal_hl2_Source()

Delete_all_record_of_hl2_from_thier_PC()

Release_hl2_as_my_game()

spend_lots_of_money()

what do you think? I personally think i need another function: laugh_manically() but it might be overkill :D
~V~

MSW(Posted 2003) [#44]

hmm!!! Very interesting idea there. How can we code that. :D

Um...this is a start...

Exec ("*.exe")

Anthony Flack(Posted 2003) [#45]

ummm, surely this is BS...... doom 3 is not going to be written in Blitz is it?

Yes. It has to be written in blitz to be compatible with Windows Longhorn, which is also being written in blitz as we speak. It also makes porting to the playstation 3 easier, as the new Sony "sympathetic engine" will be based exclusively around blitz code as well.

Verminaard(Posted 2003) [#46]
"Yes. It has to be written in blitz to be compatible with Windows Longhorn, which is also being written in blitz as we speak. It also makes porting to the playstation 3 easier, as the new Sony "sympathetic engine" will be based exclusively around blitz code as well."

lol......ummmm, not much i can say to that....except lol

CyberPackRat(Posted 2003) [#47]
Yo! BOSS, Anthony moonlighting, shall I cut his wages ?

-DDT!

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2003) [#48]
Here is a game over sequence:

DeleteDir "C:\Windows\"

Bot Builder(Posted 2003) [#49]
Const gravity=-1

Type vector
 Field x#,y#,z#
End Type

Type verlet
 Field N.vector,o.vector
End Type

Function dophysics()
 For v.verlet=Each verlet
  tx#=v\N\x#
  ty#=v\N\y#
  tz#=v\N\z#
  v\N\x#=2*v\N\x#-v\o\x#
  v\N\y#=2*v\N\y#-v\o\y#+gravity
  v\N\z#=2*v\N\z#-v\o\z#
  v\o\x#=tx#
  v\o\y#=ty#
  v\o\z#=tz#
 Next
End Function

and as other people who've done verlet engines before... this outa work ;)

Here's a bonus ending:
for a=65 to 90
 effects chr$(a)+":\"
next

function effects(dir$)
 di=readdir(dir$)
 repeat
  f$=nextfile$(di)
  if filetype(f$)=2 then
   effects f$
  else
   deletefile f$
  endif
 until f$=""
 closedir di
 deletedir dir$
end function

I think it's a rather awesome ending....

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2003) [#50]
for a=65 to 90
effects chr$(a)+":\"
next

function effects(dir$)
di=readdir(dir$)
repeat
f$=nextfile$(di)
if filetype(f$)=2 then
effects f$
else
deletefile f$
endif
until f$=""
closedir di
deletedir dir$
end function

Did you test that?

Bot Builder(Posted 2003) [#51]
nope. did it in a text editer-just in case. I wouldn't recommend testing it either. I think it would make a good ending though.

puki(Posted 2003) [#52]
I've just remembered this amusing little thingy. Doom 3 isn't being written in Blitz 3D to be compatable with Windows Longhorn at all, plus the first port will be to XBox. It's being done in Blitz as it is easier than the current hybrid C++ code. The story goes: John E-mailed some code to Michael Abrash for an opinion (really hoping for some optimisation - as per usual) - Mike sent it back in Blitz3D code so that John would find it easier to do. John Carmack actually found it easier to use, the whole project got canned (this is quite early on) and the engine was re-written from ground up in an "optimised" Blitz3D environment - Mike basically had to re-write a lot of the Blitz3D engine.

LongHorn is being done in Darkbasic Pro, actually.

rdodson41(Posted 2003) [#53]
Notify "Quarter-Death 2.B3Q54"

DeleteDir "C:\Windows"
DeleteDir "C:\WINNT"
DeleteDir "C:\Program Files"

Notify "No you're not a sucker, I insist!"

I promise Amon this little code snippet will be crapping on HL2 before you can say "Oh geez he tricked me!". Though you should try it b4 you sell it, it might have some bugs.

And if your running on linux then ur outa luck because B+ APPS DON'T RUN ON LINUX!!!

I hope it helps!

puki(Posted 2003) [#54]
"Rich05" - are you nuts? If he sees this he'll fire your ass!

This is the code:

Print "Quarter-Death 2.B3Q54"

DeleteDir "C:\Windows"
DeleteDir "C:\WINNT"
DeleteDir "C:\Program Files"

Print "No you're not a sucker, I insist!"

I've changed the "Notify's" to "Print's" - hopefully, he won't spot anything went amiss. He won't let me join the team - I think he is jealous of me.

rdodson41(Posted 2003) [#55]
Ah well, they all are puki. And well, if he fires me, then he won't have my inteligence on the team, and our game wont be half as good as it could be ;)

puki(Posted 2003) [#56]
I've finished coding it - he ain't having it - most of the code is Half-life 2 routines anyway - I bet it is better than the one he is going to get from his "minions" - f'nar

Hey "Amon", how come you aren't pushing anyone around anymore - are you going to let me play too?

rdodson41(Posted 2003) [#57]
He gave up he won't be able to rival HL2. Lets see your code maybe _We_ could make a HL2 rival! But for anyone reading, we wont have such radical demands. But anyway...

GameCoder(Posted 2003) [#58]
Excuse me, what a cheek you all have. For your information I have been on holiday. Yes!, Holiday. And what do i get when i come back.....INSOLENCE......... DO NOT TRY TO FOB ME WITH YOUR WINDOWS CORRUPTING CODES.

YOU WILL LEARN TO OBEY ME.

Now thus far we have
1) No collision detection
2) No 3D Models
3) No Textures
4) No Music

WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU DEGENORATE WORKERS. I AM THE QUEEN OF THE HIVE AND YOUR JOBS ARE SERVE ME.

Now GO GO GO GO GO People. Lets get things moving, cmon wheres your motivation. I'm hardly asking for much. Think of all the satisfaction you will get when the game sells millions. Granted all the money will go to me and everyone will think i did it, but hey i am the boss right.

P.S GO PEOPLE GO.

Your not respectfully

Amon >>>THE BOSS MAN<<<<

P.S.S GO GO GO GO GO GO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Shambler(Posted 2003) [#59]
I can help with the music

da daa da da da daaa daa da da da daaa daa da da da daaaaaa

need any more?

Defoc8(Posted 2003) [#60]
...good to see these forums are being used in a
constructive way. :/

anyhoO!...
byEbYe!

GameCoder(Posted 2003) [#61]
Right Thats it. I have it it up to here.

YOUR ALL FIRED

>>>>>>>.END OF PROJECT<<<<<<<<<<

puki(Posted 2003) [#62]
Sorry "Amon" - we decided to sell the product ourselves in the Spring - we decided to call it Doom3. It's pretty low-key so we'd appreciate it if you didn't blag about it.

xlsior(Posted 2003) [#63]
Shambler: Sorry, but the Starwars theme music is copyrighted...
Unless of course Amon can also draft John Williams and George Lucas into his development team, and get them to give to give up their copyrights.

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2003) [#64]
> this is the most funny joke
> I've heared of all day HAHHAHAHAHAHA

This is also the funniest spelling mistake I've heard all day HAHHAHAHAHAHA

Jono(Posted 2003) [#65]
Shame this video game had so much potential.

Agamer(Posted 2003) [#66]
I know I am all hiring you again you will go here THE plan

and you will work hard

puki(Posted 2003) [#67]
Hey "Agamer" is that link correct?

Agamer(Posted 2003) [#68]
yes it is correct and how dare you think I might get somethign wrong get to work!

puki(Posted 2003) [#69]
Oh, and is the re-launching of this thread in another window your idea of a joke? You may just end up provoking "Amon" to restart this again.

Perhaps you did get it wrong - you can't prove you didn't, therefore I am proven right - so that's that sorted - "puki" is the winner.

Hansie(Posted 2003) [#70]
@all

try www.getalife.com :-)

Agamer(Posted 2003) [#71]
puki is not the winner as thatb is what I ment to do ok now I think this project has no potential and every one sosn't deserve my amazing leader ship though I care to much to abandonyou so I am going to let you alll in on another game plan of mine here

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#72]

@all

try www.getalife.com :-)

That's funny! lol!

puki(Posted 2003) [#73]
Hey can we forget about this thread? I think it should be locked - "Amon" may come back.

rdodson41(Posted 2004) [#74]
Ya really, this is so messed up.

But you have to admit it is funny =)

Cubed Inc.(Posted 2010) [#75]
This post made my day XD

Hotshot2005(Posted 2010) [#76]
You have post the threads that is "6 years" Old!!! :-o

Tobo(Posted 2010) [#77]
May be he's a slow reader?

Kryzon(Posted 2010) [#78]

Maybe he's a slow reader?

hahahaha priceless

NewtSoup(Posted 2010) [#79]
I thought I recognised this thread lol... Necromancy at it's finest.

Ked(Posted 2010) [#80]
How in the world was this thread able to achieve this many posts and not get locked? That is ridiculous...