Rough image outline

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Rough image outline

NRJ(Posted May) [#1]
In my program ,I am using round image of 32*32 pixel made in gimp using antialias enabled as shown in figure ,when using in blitz3d instead of getting smooth outlines ,why it is displaying rough outline . which graphic techniques do I require to get smoother image outlines ...

Midimaster(Posted May) [#2]
When I copie your image to my hard disk I can see, that you only saved 24bit PNG without alpha channel.

Please test your code with this 32bit image...
Test-Image:

Download:
https://www.blitzforum.de/upload/file.php?id=13282

steve_ancell(Posted May) [#3]
Try inserting this into your code, after the Graphics command.

TFormFilter 0

That should get rid of the ring around the edge, although some people like that edgeing effect. Just replace the zero for one if you want to make sure the edging effect is present.

NRJ(Posted May) [#4]
Thank you ,Midimaster

your image displays well ,instead of drawing on the black background ,do I have to first choose transparency option under fill with in gimp, then draw over my image on the new layer ?

Midimaster(Posted May) [#5]
I dont use Gimp but Paintshop. But the procedure is the same: yes, I create a transparent 32x32 pix startup image, then draw the circle with "Antialiasing". Then save all as PNG.

In your new demo picture here I can see new artifacts. Perhaps you forgot to active "Antialiasing"?