Loading Blender Animation Files

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Loading Blender Animation Files

BoxGuy(Posted 2016) [#1]
If this was answered earlier, I sincerely apologize. But I looked everywhere and can't seem to find anything that answers my question.

So, using Blender, I created a relatively simple spherical character that rolled, and after exporting it in both .3ds,.x,.fbs, and even,.b3d. Every time I load the mesh it ALWAYS gives me an error message stating the mesh does not have an animation. Was there something I did wrong? And if Blender won't work at all is there any 3rd party animation software that will?

Thank You for Reading.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#2]
Hi BoxGuy,

I forgot about the specific format but you can check out the mak examples to find out. These are both morph (3ds) and bone animations (x file).

https://github.com/blitz-research/blitz3d/tree/master/_release/samples/mak/anim/makbot

You can also use Assimp Viewer to verify your exported files.

BoxGuy(Posted 2016) [#3]
Hi Rustykristi,

Using your information you sent, I learnt that I have to create a BONE animation and
export it in .b3d, thank you SOO MUCH for helping me!

gpete(Posted 2016) [#4]
ok I should know this...but how to I download the files in the mak github link?

I copied and pasted the BB file but what about the others?

Thanks very much! Really appreciate reading comments and examples in the B3D community!

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#5]
no problem BoxGuy! and it will be easy once you get a hang of it. :)

@gpete

Just click on download at the right side on a specific file. I don't know any way to download a specific folder, just download the whole repo on the main page I guess it's not a big download anyway.