a basic question.

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/a basic question.

Santiworld(Posted 2016) [#1]
Hi, i only use Blitz3d.

i realy don't know what diferences are with blitzbasic - blitzmax

my question is, what can i do with blitzmax. in blitz3d i make big games, but i have dx7 limitation in graphics.

what games are created with bltizmax?, to compare with blitz3d.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#2]
To put it in simple terms, Blitz3D already has that 3D features which you have been using to create your games here. Windows only.

With Blitzmax, it's a 2D and GUI application kit where you also create games and applications. Blitzmax is also cross platform so you can make games/apps on Linux and Mac as well.

Now if you want 3D for Blitzmax there are available "modules" out there like OpenB3d and MiniB3d and wrappers like Irrlicht and Ogre, so on so forth.

Modules are like Userlibs for Blitz3D. Modules can be pure Blitzmax sources (BMX), C/C++ sources or any other possible language wrapper/bindings where you can "glue" them together if you require certain functionalities. It is not usually or doesn't have to be a DLL which you can build it and link it to your main program if you would like a single exe file.

I'm sure the guys here have more concrete comparison but for starters that's how I can describe it to you... :-)

There's a list of BlitzMax games here somewhere you just need to do a quick search

EDIT: BlitzMax Games List by H&K
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=61961

Modules List by Munch
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=87694

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#3]
Also, you can use Blitz3d + an external graphics engine to have directx 9 capabilities (even if the support may not be available these days, but you don't need support if the graphics engine is functional, with no major bugs...)

Santiworld(Posted 2016) [#4]
Thank you!!! Now it is clear to me.
for me it is very difficult to learn about DLLs , libraries , wrappers .
for me , Blitz3D is the best choice I have.

when I make a game Blitz3D , I know this game is 99.9999 % or 100 % free of problems.

That is priceless

maybe someday you can develop a complement to use DX11 in blitz , who knows ....

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#5]
Don't be afraid of external libraries/functions, some may cause errors/glitches on some computers but some are very stable. You just have to do some tests...