Ground texture is missing

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Ground texture is missing

DerRichie1984(Posted 2016) [#1]
Hi @ll,

another strange problem occurred since yesterday, that drives me really mad. I have modelled a simple 3d-mesh in Blender, that should be some kind of arena for a very simple shooter game. Just a ground plane with 4 walls around it. I have textured and exported the mesh in *.3ds format, so that it can be shown in Blitz3D.

So far everything works fine, but the ground plane has no texture at all. The walls are textured correctly, moving is fine, everything is ok, but the ground.

P.S. it is not the camera, that is fixed on the ground, so that you just can't see the ground plane. I have placed the cam a little bit above the ground level and I can see it, but just as a wide grey plane and no texture at all.

Can anybody help me out with this problem? Does this problem perhaps occur at another guy, who can give me some hints about solving that issue?

Would be very glad, if you can help me. Coding in B3D is so much fun, but this drives me mad :-(

Thank you all in advance.

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#2]
A possible cause may be if you copy/paste a mesh with its textures to another folder and then only load the mesh inside blitz3d, if the paths+filenames of some textures are incorrect compared to what was saved in the mesh, then you will not see the texture applied on the surface inside Blitz3d.

Another possible cause may be if some surface of your mesh has a weird blendmode and will probably alter the way the surface is displayed inside Blitz3d.

DerRichie1984(Posted 2016) [#3]
Thank you for your response,
I have changed nothing concerning the paths of the textures. I also did not copy & paste the mesh. It is in the original destination folder as it was after exporting by blender. The other texture (walls) is drawn correctly.

Can this problem occur, because the mesh has 2 surfaces with 2 different textures on it? I think I have read about such a problem at exporting a mesh with 2 materials on it, but I don't find it anymore.

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#4]
Yes, another possible cause may be that your 3ds exporter for blender does not export correctly...

Maybe try to export in .obj (if the mesh is static) or in .b3d

There is a .b3d exporter for blender here : http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=100592

DerRichie1984(Posted 2016) [#5]
Thank you so much for the exporter, you saved my coding-carreer ;-)
I will try, if it works better now.

For now I have made multiple single objects with only one texture each and it works fine for the moment, but it would be very useful, to export ready-textured meshes for future projects of mine.