Copying UV Coordinates (.X Files)

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Copying UV Coordinates (.X Files)

RustyKristi(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hi all,

I need to manipulate some .X model files so I wonder if any of you has some experience copying UV coordinates to another .X file. This is for a lightmap texture coordinate that I need to transfer to another model. They are both the same models but different UV mappings.

Thanks.

steve_ancell(Posted 2015) [#2]
A .X model file is just text, so I guess you could copy stuff from one to the other. While I have plenty of experience with manipulating text files I'm more experienced with 2D retro stuff, not really done much with with 3D objects.

I suggest opening up a .X model in Notepad or Wordpad to see if you can work out what does what in there. ;-)

Matty(Posted 2015) [#3]
One potential issue is that if there are multiple surfaces matching up the uv coordinates can be problematic because when the model is read imto blitz the surface order may differ between the models and screw with it if you try to combine them.

RustyKristi(Posted 2015) [#4]
Thanks guys for the input so far. :-) I also tried using blender by converting them first to obj and copying the UVs. It works in blender but when I did my modifications and exported it back to b3d or any other format that supports UV2 maps, it does not work as expected like in blender.