Visual Blitz

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Visual Blitz

Hotshot2005(Posted 2015) [#1]
I just found the old links in my old post .

http://ed.rtv.free.fr/index.html

But it not free thought!

Floyd(Posted 2015) [#2]
IDEal, however, is free. It's hard to compete with that.

dna(Posted 2015) [#3]
Ideal is better. I think it has code folding

LineOf7s(Posted 2015) [#4]
I paid for Visual Blitz because it was great, and the author abandoned it.

IDEal is far better and free. Also abandoned but at least it didn't cost me 20 bucks.

For the sake of completeness here's a link to the latest (final) version: http://www.fungamesfactory.com/downloads/IDEalSetup_0.8.94.exe

steve_ancell(Posted 2015) [#5]
IDEal is the muttz nutz of Blitz IDEs. I was using it for years until I got into Monkey-X, which goes hand in hand with JungleIDE, and I still use IDEal with Blitz now when I need to prototype something quick.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2015) [#6]
Another vote for IDEal - the workspace tool is invaluable.

RGR(Posted 2015) [#7]
In my opinion the value of an IDE is determined by how reliable and flexible autocomplete is, or whether it exists and does it know more than the basic functions.

After typing 3 chars I want to select (autocomplete) the names of Functions, Variables, Types, Fields, Labels, etc. without typing the complete names. It must preselect Fields of Types automatic, etc.

And in 12 years using Blitz I only found one which has all the mentioned features - the PureBasic IDE.

I had to patch it, I had to write some tools to convert Blitz to PB syntax and back... but once it was done I wrote programs 5 to 10 times faster than with other Blitz IDEs.

No Typos, no looking up used Field names, variable names, etc. Including only custom Functions which are actually used.

Screenshots:

No need to remember or lookup what parameters are needed in your 2000++ Functions ...

Clicking a Button in the PB-IDE und 1/10 of a second later you get this:

_PJ_(Posted 2015) [#8]
Pretty sure IDEal's autocomplete is fconfigurable to do at least some of these things...