Affine Texture Mapping

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Affine Texture Mapping

williampigmeu(Posted 2015) [#1]
Can I achieve a PS1 look on Blitz3D?
I got it working in other engine using a vertex/fragment shader, but, since B3D does not support that, is there a way I can manually "warp" the textures (vertex transformations, maybe)?

williampigmeu(Posted 2015) [#2]
Is it really that hard that no one can answer, even if it is just to say it's impossible?

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#3]
by "PS1 look", you mean what exactly ?

williampigmeu(Posted 2015) [#4]
Blitz3D's DirectX implementation uses perspective corrected texture mapping, right?
The PS1 renderer uses an old technique called affine texture mapping, which does not account for perspective (that makes the textures "warp").
I heard that it could be achieved by spliting the X-Z vertices (and that is what the vertex/fragment shader does), but how can I do that in Blitz3D?

Yasha(Posted 2015) [#5]
It's probably possible to achieve using the VertexTexCoords command to adjust the UVs slightly on each frame, assuming you know how to un-correct the textures again. Would probably be efficient enough for real-time usage as long as you're using PS1-quality models as well.

(But if you already had this working in a newer engine, why do you want to rebuild it in Blitz3D?)