Blitz3D IDE Help

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Blitz3D IDE Help

Eren(Posted 2015) [#1]
Now, this is going to sound really stupid and will probably make me look bad, but oh well... You know how the regular IDE in Blitz3D has the usual buttons at the top- run, save, open etc? Yea? Well, for some odd reason, the bar on mine is gone. I know I can access most of those functions on the menu bar anyway, but I'd like to get it back xd

There's probably a key I pressed or a function that I performed to make it disappear... Can anyone help me on this?

Eren(Posted 2015) [#2]
Nevermind, I found the way to fix it...

steve_ancell(Posted 2015) [#3]
Do yourself a favour and get this excellent alternative IDE, this will help you a lot. ;)

http://www.fungamesfactory.com/downloads.html

LineOf7s(Posted 2015) [#4]
This link will work better: http://www.fungamesfactory.com/downloads/IDEalSetup_0.8.94.exe

Blitzplotter(Posted 2015) [#5]
I second the IDEal IDE, great functionality - one of the features I particularly like is the 'Workspaces' feature.

steve_ancell(Posted 2015) [#6]
@LineOf7s:

Oooh you just stole my thunder!!! LOL :D

steve_ancell(Posted 2015) [#7]
Back to seriousness though Eren, IDEal will make the Blitz3D experience feel so much more enhanced than using the built-in editor.

Hardcoal(Posted 2015) [#8]
Omg how can you even compare the
Built in editor to ideal..

steve_ancell(Posted 2015) [#9]
@Hardcoal:

The built-in editor is just a basic get you up and running kind of thing, I'm pretty sure I speak for a lot of us on here when I say that IDEal enhances the experience.

Eren(Posted 2015) [#10]
Thank you guys, I've just installed the IDEal IDE and it's much better. Heaps more functionality :D

Matty(Posted 2015) [#11]
I've been using the built-in editor for both blitz3d and blitzplus since 2002....I'm quite happy with it personally (but then I also do a lot of code in standard notepad - often in preference to a proper ide!)

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#12]

I've been using the built-in editor for both blitz3d and blitzplus since 2002

Same here since summer 2009
The only thing i don't like is the lack of a functional undo redo (after a delete cut copy paste)