Blending Fastext Shadows with B3D Lightmaps

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Blending Fastext Shadows with B3D Lightmaps

RustyKristi(Posted 2014) [#1]
So I'm trying out blender and giles lightmap to optimize my scene and I would like to blend it with FastExt texture shadows

I'm having a problem blending FastExt texture shadows with a lightmap texture on my B3D model. I noticed that this has something to do with TextureBlend or something but still have no idea on how to properly set this up. I'm loading my mesh and textures directly using the automatic LoadMesh() function. I guess my lightmap texture is set to index 2 or UV channel 2.

Anyone know how these textures work together to get that correct blending effect with texture shadows and lightmaps?

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#2]
you can use fragmotion to disable the material fx "fullbright" or change the material blendmode.
or
you can try to create a new brush with the properties you want (fx and blendmode) and then paint the surface you want with it.

RustyKristi(Posted 2014) [#3]
Thanks RemiD! :D this might be the solution that I have been looking for..

Btw, what blendmode will I use for the shadow texture?

RustyKristi(Posted 2014) [#4]
I already created a new model with lightmap and fullbright off but with no luck. I did notice there are new functions in FastExt for blending like

Function TextureBlend% (texture%, blend%)

Function TextureBlendCustom% (texture%, color_operation%, alpha_operation%=0, projection_flag%=0)

but have no clue how to use them with lightmaps and shadows :/

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#5]
I know that for meshes exported with 3DWorldStudio, i had to modify the fx and the blendmode in Fragmotion, so that they were the same as a default mesh created inside blitz3d, then reapply the brushes that i wanted with the appropriate fx and blendmode.

RustyKristi(Posted 2014) [#6]
Hey RemiD,

This issue seems intriguing to me. Can you at least provide a very simple demo scene where you setup and how your lightmaps work with Fastext using worldstudio?

Thanks