Correcting Entity Rotation In Game

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Correcting Entity Rotation In Game

RustyKristi(Posted 2014) [#1]
I'm trying to fix my model's rotation to face front and at the same time trying to move it and follow an object.

My model is in b3d format. Any help is also appreciated on fixing it with software.

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#2]
front in Blitz3d is +Z
back is -Z
left is -X
right is +X
up is +Y
down is -Y
so in your modeling app, you must rotate your mesh toward the +Z

Matty(Posted 2014) [#3]
There is a command to set the loadermatrix which can come in handy too.

RustyKristi(Posted 2014) [#4]
Thanks guys I will try both of these methods.

@Matty
I already made some experiments with loadermetrix command, does it support "b3d" format?

I'm trying to flip my mesh in different settings but it doesn't make any changes whatsoever..

GfK(Posted 2014) [#5]
You're better off fixing your model's orientation in Blender or whatever, rather than trying to correct it in Blitz3D.

RustyKristi(Posted 2014) [#6]
Ok Gfx, I guess I should edit this

My only problem with blender is it generates a larger b3d file size using the blender exporter and removes the smooth faces/normals of the original mesh.

Anyone recommend a better software tool or pipeline?

thanks.

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#7]
I use Fragmotion and i like the results.

RustyKristi(Posted 2014) [#8]
Hey RemiD,

I have used Fragmotion in the past but I'm not that familiar with the interface. Do you have any tips on how to rotate animated meshes using that tool?

Thanks

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#9]
If you have already created the animations it would probably be easier to rotate your rigged skinned animated mesh in Blitz3d (with rotateEntity()).

RustyKristi(Posted 2014) [#10]
My problem is the entity has basic AI (linepick) also turning and moving at the same time. How do I suppose to get around and apply rotateEntity?

Matty(Posted 2014) [#11]
Parent the entity to a pivot and rotate the pivot instead..

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#12]
create a root pivot (which you will turn move to turn move the character/vehicle)
load your rigged skinned animated mesh
rotate the rigged skinned animated mesh with rotateentity
set the rigged skinned animated mesh as a child of the root pivot with entityparent
in the mainloop :
turn move the root pivot to turn move all the components of the character/vehicle

RustyKristi(Posted 2014) [#13]
Thanks Matty and RemiD for this tip! I will definitely try this with my setup :D