Blitz3D is honored!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Blitz3D is honored!

Learning5614(Posted 2014) [#1]
I would rather use & keep Blitz3D, no matter what others say about it. It may be old stuff, but it suit my needs. Keep up great work! I can't hardly wait 'till the book arrives in the mail by FedEx truck. It still a awesome programming IDE! I am greatly empress how it performs!

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2014) [#2]
Blitz3D won't get any new features, but it's good to see people are still using and enjoying it. A bit outdated, but still a great, easy to use system.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2014) [#3]
There is such a huge wealth of example code for B3D on these forums, I still get a great deal of satisfaction with what can be achieved as an indie.

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#4]
Blitz3D won't get any new features, but it's good to see people are still using and enjoying it. A bit outdated, but still a great, easy to use system.

Not officially maybe, but Ploppy just gave a download link to his B3D build with built-in DirectX 9 & 11 instead of the old DX7:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/logs/userlog.php?user=13255&log=1897

It's not dead yet.

angros47(Posted 2014) [#5]
Since it's open source, anybody could modify it and add new features; maybe Mark Sibly won't add new features... but somebody else might do.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#6]
The drawback with Blitz3D, is that for me I have been unable to create a project, I could only get to the menu of the application the other is lack of my ability to make the game, because I always run into something new to learn. Vedtores or what I was.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#7]
Yea, Yue. Because that line of thinking will NEVER get you anywhere...

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#8]
The drawback with Blitz3D, is that for me I have been unable to create a project, I could only get to the menu of the application the other is lack of my ability to make the game, because I always run into something new to learn. Vedtores or what I was.

Of course that has NOTHING to do with Blitz3D itself -- DaVinci also needed to learn how to use his tools first before he could create the Mona Lisa and other masterpieces.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#9]
It was just a personal comment, Blitz3D is a good tool and the onus is on the wearer, only with the passage of time, I realize that it is not so easy and if I could turn back time, English would learn, and at least have high school education to understand what the hell is a vector in mathematics, but I am already old.

MarkG(Posted 2014) [#10]
Yue, just how old are you that you can't learn a little high school math? :)

I'm 47 and covering my actual HS math books (over 30 years old), including subjects I SHOULD have taken but didn't...

These books are so old (copyright 1974-78) that there's still references to the space race (look at the symbol to the left of "Review Capsule"). I love this kind of nostalgia, another reason I love using Blitz3D in Windows 2000.

Later I plan to graduate to other math books I've purchased at Goodwill...

Just covering a little bit every day (no more than a lesson or two), usually doing the odd # problems since the answers are in the back.

I can't turn back time but I can exorcise some math demons that have been haunting me for decades.

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#11]
Yue you have so many excuses, you have access to the internet, you can learn anything you want if you are motivated enough. Nobody is born knowing everything, and anybody can improve himself if his body is not too much damaged or dead.
Just try...

Yue(Posted 2014) [#12]
I mean one thing, maybe if I have many excuses, but like many have a real life and have to earn a living in some work and learning curve all takes time and I think I recognize my weaknesses.

I think the important thing here and from my point of view is that I always have to learn, for example have been around for other motors, such as torque, Shiva and Cry engine and lately with Unity, and what I've realized is that I understand very While the concepts of programming, but my biggest weakness is I do not speak English, then all I have to face the API unity I am faced with two very difficult jobs for me, learn and achieve to put in practice what they learn and do not deny that every time I make a menu find the best way to do it.

But my way of learning is something like this. Take google translator translate a document and try to understand, I think I'm really gross and I can not learn in theory quickly and I have to go to practice and through brute force in the end fail to understand things. Now, as a good son prodijo after being in unity about two weeks or more, I regrreso to Blitz3D, understanding at last what is object oriented, but when trying to understand the API of Unity, is like getting a kick in the balls and I think I can continue to try doing something with Blitz3D and very possible with the passage of time to stop making menus and make a game, while blitz continue working.

Now the technique is to start with the menu of the game, but from the level, perhaps

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#13]

I think I can continue to try doing something with Blitz3D and very possible with the passage of time to stop making menus and make a game, while blitz continue working.

I would do that, no need to learn a new syntax if you don't understand how to make good enough controls, ai, gameplay...

And then you can always translate the game later in Unity by using "Blitzlike" to learn how to use the syntax and the functions :
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=94320
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9723781/Unity/BlitzLike/website/Blitzlike%20in%20Unity.xhtml
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=100694

but like many have a real life and have to earn a living in some work

I know i know, that's why i post less these days, i hope to have more free time soon.