How will Hardwired help me

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/How will Hardwired help me

Nexus6(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi Everyone, sorry for the dumb question, but how exactly will Ploppy's Hardwired DLL improve Blitz?

I havent used Blitz3D in quite some time but for me it is still the easiest and most productive language ive ever used. I moved over to Nuclear Basic for its speed, built in physics, shaders etc but have been disappointed by its lack of documentation and bugs. Several forum members have been mentioning Ploppy's Hardwired and have been following its progress with anticipation. But what exactly will it do for Blitz.

Thanks
Paul

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#2]
->future proof (Hardwired uses directx9 and Blitz3d uses directx7 which is old and may have compatibility problems with the future versions of windows or with new graphics cards, for now i haven't seen any...)
->shaders to add some graphics effects

That's all.

The shaders can be very useful, especially to add per pixel lighting or bump effect, this really improves the appearance of the scene.

I think that it is important to not continually chase after the new best game engine but rather to finish your apps/games, then you can always learn a new language/syntax and convert it.

Mikorians(Posted 2014) [#3]
At least... It's important to finish... Conversion can be a SOB.