Pointentity backwards with milkshape animation.

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Pointentity backwards with milkshape animation.

gerald(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi,

I had the same problem with wings 3d until I learned to make all entities facing the "Z" direction. Now when I make a milkshape character it is 180 degrees around, though I make it in the "Z" direction in milkshape's quadrant setup.

Would making the entity backwards in milkshape fix this? Is there a way to make point entity turn 180 degrees? (command pointentity 180,0,0)

Any input on why the quadrents are reversed? I use the .x file imports from milkshape. Am I just turned around?

Gerald

stayne(Posted 2014) [#2]
Yep, flip the model 180 degrees in your modeling program. I don't think RotateEntity after loading it will work in this case. I tried that once and the bones didn't rotate with the model...was quite comical.

Stevie G(Posted 2014) [#3]
You could create your own loadmesh function ....

Function MyLoadMesh( Filename$, Parent = 0 )

local Mesh
  Mesh = Loadmesh ( filename, Parent )
  Rotatemesh Mesh, 0, 180,0
  return Mesh

End function

And if the mesh has children create a similar loadanimmesh function using rotatemesh on the root entity and rotateentity (local coords) by 180 degrees on all the children and their children etc...

GfK(Posted 2014) [#4]
Um, you can either rotate the model in Milkshape (best way), or you can use LoaderMatrix() to automatically set the orientation at loadtime.

gerald(Posted 2014) [#5]
Hi,

I'll try 180 rotate in milkshape.

Thanks
Gerald

gerald(Posted 2014) [#6]
Hi,

It worked. making the player character "backwards" (looking at its back in milkshape quadrant work area) works. I can remove all the 180 rotations for the action (shoot/bullet) areas.

I guess the colored line is just a location indicator not a pointer.

Thanks,
Gerald