- [2] : i have a eye-problem : how do i get larger characters in the IDE
- [3] : can i save a DIY mesh made whit blitz3d
- [4] : where do i find the *.3ds + *.bmp files used in the tutorials
- [5] : how do i set a color for vertexes
- [6] : can i use openGL in blitz3d
- [7] : how do i create a function that returns a mesh
- [8] : how do i create a model
- [9] : pivot examples ?
- [10] : how do i set a [ absolute not relativ ] orientation | place of a entity

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#2]
1-> to detect a collision between and oriented shape and another oriented shape :
you can detect a collision with the collision system by making several ellipsoid colliders childs of a pivot which approximate the shape you want (a box shape or another shape) and a mesh collidable. With this you can get the collision point x,y,z and the collision normal nx,ny,nz.
or
you can detect a collision with several linepicks which approximate the shape you want (a box shape or another shape) and a mesh collidable. With this you can get the collision point x,y,z and the collision normal nx,ny,nz.
or
you can detect a collision by using meshesintersect with 2 meshes which approximate the shapes you want. With this you can't get the collision point or the collision normal.
or
you can use coldet (an external lib) which has a ray -> mesh intersection function or a mesh -> mesh intersection function.

2->Maybe you can tweak Windows display options so that the default font is bigger. Or maybe try to edit the options in "blitzide.prefs" in Blitz3d/cfg/

3->Yes you can write/read your own files. There are examples in the code archives and on the forum.

4->No idea, but you can replace them by your others meshes and textures.

5->
Entityfx(Mesh,2)
then
Vertexcolor(Surface,VertexId,R,G,B)
or
BrushFx(Brush,2)
PaintSurface(Surface,Brush)
FreeBrush(Brush)
then
Vertexcolor(Surface,VertexId,R,G,B)

6->i don't know. Not by default. By default it uses DirectX7.

7->
Function CreateShape()
 Mesh = createmesh()
 ;do what you want to the mesh here
 return Mesh
end function

8->I am not sure what you mean, a mesh is a model, you can create/edit meshes in modeling programs (ex : Fragmotion, Wings3d, Anim8or) or you can create meshes in code inside Blitz3d, or you can create your own modeling program.

9->Pivot = createpivot()
A pivot is a point in 3d space with a position x,y,z and an orientation pitch,yaw,roll, and a scale sx,sy,sz

10->
PositionEntity(Entity,x,y,z)
RotateEntity(Entity,pitch,yaw,roll)

Stevie G(Posted 2014) [#3]
For 10 remember to use True for the final global paramater as the above will actually default to local rotation and position.

PositionEntity Entity, x, y, z, True
RotateEntity Entity, pitch, yaw, roll, True

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#4]
I have never had a problem with this, strangely, but good to note. Thanks Stevie !

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#5]
Even more precise for 10:

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#6]
what is the point of this :
PositionEntity Entity, EntityX#(Entity, 1), EntityY#(Entity, 1), EntityZ#(Entity, 1), True

As i understand it, the program will get the entity global position and "globally" position the entity at this position, so what's the point ?
In which way it is more precise ?