ac3d moels in bliz 3d?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/ac3d moels in bliz 3d?

gerald(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi,

I am looking at the ac3d program to make 3d models. It is only $90.00. Do these type of models work in blitz 3d? Is there a type that will import into blitz 3d?

How do you make moving models, arms and legs move? Will ac3d work?

I have wings3d and it has he 3ds file type will this work for moving models in blitz 3d?

I would appreciate any help you have.

Thanks,

Gerald

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#2]
To make a rigged (with a skeleton with joints/bones) skinned (with influences of some joints over some vertices) animated (with several poses which are used to create an animation) mesh, i suggest to use Fragmotion, the trial version is free.
You can save/load .b3d files.

Doggie(Posted 2014) [#3]
http://www.moddb.com/downloads/truespace-76

Free and very capable of making animated models but not all that easy to get to grips with.
For the price you might take a look

DOG

Matty(Posted 2014) [#4]
Not sure if milkshape3d still exists but for beginners it is great and can create animated b3d models as well as animated md2 models.

gerald(Posted 2014) [#5]
Hi,

I think I need help with code and the actual mesh files. I tried the animation in the b3d 3d help window of b3d and am stuck with memory access violation errors.

I tried the loadanimesh, loadmesh, addanimemesh etc but I really don't know what I am doing. What does the actural picture file look like in wings3d? I have done the 2d animation, 4 pictures each .25 of the file size. Is this what I need to make in wings3d? A picture like a flip cartoon of four figures in states of movement, only its a mesh?

I guess I need remedial help here.

Is anyone down on my level? I would appreciate any help you can offer starting with the creation of the basic actual pictures.

Gerald

gerald(Posted 2014) [#6]
Hi,

I'll try to get the milkshape registry number. The program fragmotion just gets d3d9_43.dll can't be found errors. I forget which one. The ts76 download just doesn't work.

Milkshape seems to be functioning but I cannot export an animation to blitz 3d. I think this is because the free download is not really a full version. Unless I am just making an error.

Allways clear as mud the first time.

Gerald

Matty(Posted 2014) [#7]
From memory wings3d doesn't do animation, static meshes only.

Milkshape (also from memory - haven't used it in probably 10 years) - you need to create joints, assign vertices to the joints and then set keys with the joints in various positions.

I don't think the demo version allows you to export animated meshes but I could be wrong. When I bought it it was $25 which for the type of software is fairly cheap.

gerald(Posted 2014) [#8]
Hi,

I haven't got a number back from milkshape in Finland yet. I did get the c++ 2008 redistributable that makes blender work (older version). The camera doesn't work in blender. Is that for a web cam hookup?

Are the $1000 and $3600 programs the way to go? That's a lot of money.

Does the hack for milkshape work? Is it the only way to get it working now, obsolete?

What programs make simple moving entities for blitz 3d, anyone? Advice, reccomendations?

Gerald

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#9]
Fragmotion is really easy to use to make a mesh, make a skeleton with joints, set the influences of some joints over some vertices, make animation frames.

About

The program fragmotion just gets d3d9_43.dll can't be found errors.

Maybe try to install DirectX 9.0c

There is also Character fx which is free but you can only rigg, skin, animate with it.
There is also PaceMaker which is free but you can only rigg, skin, animate with it.
So you could use Wings3d to make the mesh and then use CharacterFx or PaceMaker to make a skeleton with joints, set the influences of some joints over some vertices, make animation frames.

gerald(Posted 2014) [#10]
Hi,

The d3d9_3 is windows 7 direct x, I believe. I got a milkshape number this AM. I haven't tied it yet. The blender 1.6.3 I got to work with the c++2008 redistributable has an animation button. How does it work. I also spotted an add bones button. Is this the same bones in milkshape?

I found and viewed the gargoyle animation in the b3d help area. It looks so simple. Does the community have a favorite program that works and is recommended?

I will try the milkshape program after entering the number. I would still appreciate any help/direction available.

Gerald

gerald(Posted 2014) [#11]
Hi,

I got milkshape to open but I cannot get my animation to run. I am using a character model I make from shapes, cylinder, sphere etc. Does this matter?

I am trying to make a stick character walk. Real simple. My cntrl+K do not seem to set, scene markers or whatever.

Any help on milkshape?

Gerald

gerald(Posted 2014) [#12]
Hi,

Got animation to run. Must attach vertex to joint (bone) then select "group" of joint and vertex to set animation keyframe.

Got it to load and run but my "gallery" items no longer respond to being hit. Is an animation a collision box or polygon rather than a sphere?

I would need to reset collisions then.

Any help on why I lost collision? Are animations not entities at all. Different type of entity for collisions?

Gerald

Doggie(Posted 2014) [#13]
The Truespace download does work and it installs just fine. You probably had a bad connection. No big deal. It's useful but takes a bit of getting used to. But the link and the download do work. I downloaded and installed it.
I have an older copy of TrueSpace 5 that i actually prefer. Less bells and whistles that I don't need.