Help Understanding LoadAnimTexture Parameters

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Help Understanding LoadAnimTexture Parameters

Jillinger(Posted 2014) [#1]
I'm trying to understand the parameters of LoadAnimTexture, but the manual is not helping. For example it gives this code as an example.

; Load anim texture
anim_tex=LoadAnimTexture( "media/boomstrip.bmp",49,64,64,0,39 )

I understand the last four digits logically must be the frame_width, frame_height, first_frame and frame_count parameters, but I don't know what the first number 49 is.

If I can understand this, then I might be able to understand why this code from a tutorial I am using returns a '"memory access violation" error:

Anim_tex = LoadAnimTexture ("char_back.png", 7, 32, 48, 0, 4) ;

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#2]
LoadAnimTexture ( file$,flags,frame_width,frame_height,first_frame,frame_count )

flags (optional) - texture flag: 
1: Color (default) 
2: Alpha 
4: Masked 
8: Mipmapped 
16: Clamp U 
32: Clamp V 
64: Spherical reflection map 
128: Cubic environment map 
256: Store texture in vram 
512: Force the use of high color textures 

frame_width - width of each animation frame 
frame_height - height of each animation frame 
first_frame - the first frame to be used as an animation frame 
frame_count - the amount of frames to be used 

I guess the flag=49 means "Clamp U + Clamp V + Color"

(I don't know if the texture dimensions can be arbitrary, or if it needs to be a power-of-two size?)

Jillinger(Posted 2014) [#3]
Thanks
You said, you guess, but that's just what I am doing in this case, and don't want to do.
I just need a bit of help in understanding how the parameters work, since the manual doesn't go into detail. That way, I will know what I am doing. Can you give a detailed explanation on them?

Jillinger(Posted 2014) [#4]
Oh, I didn't see the code above. Thanks xlsior. I get it. The parameters are added to give the number. Now I understand. Than you very much.

Jillinger(Posted 2014) [#5]
By the way. How did you get your code blue? I was looking for the tabs to do that, and don't see them.

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#6]
There's forum tags:
<code> ... </code>
(Change the angle brackets to square brackets for it to work: < to [

For long pieces of code, you can also use <codebox> which will condense it to a smaller scrollable box.

Floyd(Posted 2014) [#7]
There is more information about the flags at CreateTexture().

Kryzon(Posted 2014) [#8]
This forum, like many others, supports formatting parts of your post when you use special tags like xlsior demonstrated.
For the remaining tags, see here:
Home -> FAQ -> Website -> What are the forum codes

Jillinger(Posted 2014) [#9]
Thanks all.

gerald(Posted 2014) [#10]
Hi,

I am behind you on this. What does the picture/mesh file look like? I use wings3d and have done movement in 2d bmax. Are the mesh files four or more pictures in a row? This cube thing is interesting. Is this how animation is done? Six figures in a cube view?

I would appreciate any basic info you have.

Thanks,
Gerald Nelson