MeshDepth problem

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/MeshDepth problem

Mikorians(Posted 2014) [#1]
Mesh depth seems to report an incorrect value (x 100) for my mesh depth.
It is a large 2-sided near-planar mesh about 18K x 24K x 208
Peculiar.

Said it was 20871. 208.71 is the correct value.
I am running b3d v. 1.106 on xp3 32bit

It is a lake surface that is part of a loadanimmesh scene.
It has no parents except the b3dpipeline scene root as exported from 3ds Max 5
And does render CORRECTLY in the scene (I looked all over, even above and below)

I can work around the problem, but it was inconvenient since I was kind of depending on it for bounding purposes. I am using a separate data file for additional scene data.
If meshes are to be scaled, I wonder how this affects them, and will keep track of blitz's incorrect values for that very purpose.

Thank you.

Floyd(Posted 2014) [#2]
Are you sure it's not really depth = 20871, with the entity z being scaled by 0.01, so it looks like 208.71?

Scaling the entity does not change the mesh. It is just rendered differently.

Mikorians(Posted 2014) [#3]
I did not scale the entity or mesh in any way, neither are they non-100% at export time.
This is just after the loadanimmesh moment.
i=findchild(map,"WaterBox")
Md#=meshdepth#(i)

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#4]
Sometimes a vertex can exist (even if it is not wanted) out of the usable mesh you are working on and so the meshdepth will return a higher value than what the usable mesh is.

Other than that i don't know, meshdepth seems to return the correct value with my meshes.

Mikorians(Posted 2014) [#5]
Yeah, I made a tiny prog that just sets graphics3d, loadsanimmesh, finds the child entity, and checks its dimensions. WRONG. All other objects measure right.
This one did too until I changed its height by dragging a single vertex down 200.
Should be 200 high. Started out flat, not scaled, not rotated, nothing, nada.
It's only fault is that it's 18K x 200 x 24K.
So watch those large flat objects folks!