Function writemesh() - texture seams glitch

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Function writemesh() - texture seams glitch

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#1]
So I have discovered when saving a 3D landscape object with this code,
the texture seams seem to have a line creating a glitch in the geometry.

I've seen this problem before. It's called a texture seam glitch, and I just can't seem to find it.

Thank You!

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#2]
Bump...

Mikorians(Posted 2014) [#3]
Nobody answered, so- Advice?
Sorry. This is why I avoid BLITZ algorithmically created scenes like the plague.
It isn't a scene editor.
I'd take the blank scene and paint it myself! Don't waste your time.
I can't be much more help than that. Seams are a nitpicky thing.
3D studio max lets you reproject texture coordinates on an entire scene at once.
This usually rids me of my problems.
So objects created automatically? Yes, texture maps, noooo.
Try making it work with a simple pair of objects first?
That's all I can offer.
Obviously there's a decimal in the wrong place.
It might even be that with such a huge scene you're bumping up agains a blitz numerical accuracy issue. I've noticed that blitz can be a bit haphazard sometimes with floats.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#4]
Can someone please help fix this so it doesn't happen again? Thank You so kindly!

Stevie G(Posted 2014) [#5]
You can't expect someone to tell you what is wrong with the routine in relation to your mesh simply by posting the code.

A detailed explanation of how you are creating your mesh, including a screenshot before and after it's processed by this routine would help. Also, as Mikorians suggested make a simpler scene to test.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#6]
1st. I load my map with BlitzTiles (created by Krischan).
2nd. It auto saves the 3D landscape (in this case, "middle earth"), using the "WriteBB3D()" function from the "Blitz support project wants YOU!" thread.
3rd. I use "writemesh()" to TRY and translate it into an "X" file.
4th. I get the seams glitch when I load it up into the program.

The above is as good as I can explain it. If you have any more questions, please, feel free to ask me. As for using a "simpler" scene, I don't think

Here's the scene test code:

scenetest.bb:

Thank You!

Mikorians(Posted 2014) [#7]
I think I had found that no matter what I did with two quads (triangle pairs) side-by-side with the same coords on each vertex that as long as the quads were separate objects and not with welded (shared- I.E. 6 total, not eight) vertexes that there was always a slight seam.
Experiment worthy...

It is because of this that my own map system loads and unloads BUILDINGS and not the ground (which I had to simplify).