Internet dialing

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Internet dialing

Gauge(Posted 2013) [#1]
How would you code a dialer in blitz that would go thru the internet.

Can anyone shoot me the basics, or instructions...or code if anyone has something to help. Thanks

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#2]
What do you mean, "code a dialer that would go thru the internet"?

Are you asking about how to initiate a dial-up modem connection, or...?

Gauge(Posted 2013) [#3]
How to initiate a phone call over the internet using blitz.

I means the process to get from Your blitz code....to dialing out to someone elses phone? Is it like opening a stream up?

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#4]
Not really -- you'd need to interface with a modem and give it a dial-out string with the numbers... But since it's all hardware dependend (some modems are serial, some are USB, different com ports, etc.) you most likely will need to interface with a system API to initiate all of that... Which will be different under windows, linux and Mac.

I'm sure that it;s technically possible, although it may be a bit hard to find how to do these days since pretty much noone uses dialup modems anymore.

GfK(Posted 2013) [#5]
I *think* he's asking about VOIP.

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#6]
Hard to tell. :-?

Anyway: If you're talking about actually making a Voice-over-IP phonecall where you expect the computer to digitize sound and actually send it to a real phone somewhere, and you're asking in terms this basic on how to do that, then in all reality it's not going to happen.

Mikorians(Posted 2014) [#7]
You could issue a command to a slave application using the execfile() command. Look it up- It may be your only prayer.
Had to say it.