camerapick & returning the name of a child mesh

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/camerapick & returning the name of a child mesh

Aussie(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hey there everyone, still working away on my world editor & am trying to now move objects around with a widget. What i want is to pick an object, & the widget appears with the X, Y & Z axis, then i pick the axis i want with a mouse click & drag the object along the axis. The problem i am having is how to return the name of the children in the widget mesh.
When i do pick the child it returns a number like 23456127 & is different every time i run the program.
Here is the code i have used to setup the child names & pick modes of all the children.
Global	widget = LoadAnimMesh("media\widget.b3d")
For i=1 To CountChildren(widget)
  child=GetChild(widget,i)
  EntityPickMode child,2
EntityOrder child,-1
Next
ScaleEntity widget,2,2,2

Global Widget_X = FindChild(widget,Xaxis)
Global Widget_Y = FindChild(widget,Yaxis)
Global Widget_Z = FindChild(widget,Zaxis)

Also how would i go about dragging the widget with the mouse along the direction one of the widget's axis is facing, as in not just moving the mouse along a 2d x axis to move the widget along its x axis. For example with this image of my editor, is there a way to drag the widget along it's X axis on the angle by dragging it in the direction it is facing

Aussie(Posted 2013) [#2]
Sorry should have included the camerapick code i am playing with to check for what axis has been picked.
If MouseHit(1)
				Axis_picked = CameraPick(camera,MouseX(),MouseY())
			End If

Select Axis_picked
					Case Widget_X
						If MouseDown(1) Then
						MoveEntity widget, msx*.1,0,0
					End If
					Case Widget_Y
						If MouseDown(1) Then
						MoveEntity widget,0,-msy*.02,0
						End If
				End Select

It's a very basic piece of code i was using just to try & return the name of the axis being picked.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Cheers. :)

Aussie(Posted 2013) [#3]
Ok, got the returning child names sorted, though differently to the way i was trying but it works.
If MouseHit(1)
     Axis_picked = CameraPick(camera,MouseX(),MouseY())
		If Axis_picked <> 0 Then
			Name = EntityName$(PickedEntity())
			Else Name = 0
		End If
		End If

Select Name
			Case "Xaxis"
				If MouseDown(1) Then
				        MoveEntity widget, msx*.1,0,0
				End If
			Case "Yaxis"
				If MouseDown(1) Then
					MoveEntity widget,0,-msy*.1,0
				End If
			Case "Zaxis"
				If MouseDown(1) Then
					MoveEntity widget,0,0,-msy*.1
				End If

End Select

Now just to figure out how to move the widget along the direction the axis is facing, just found the cameraproject() so i am tipping that will be used. :)