Export B3D with Blender, but animation not saving?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Export B3D with Blender, but animation not saving?

Dale Nation(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hello,

I am animating a humanoid in Blender and exporting it to .B3D format. However, it does not animate in Blitz3D. I opened it in fragmotion and see that the bones in the .b3d are animating but not with the mesh attached to it. I believe the problem is the "armature" modifier in Blender. It works when I have the modifier on, but when I "apply" it, it no longer works. I believe the modifier is being applied when I export to .b3d

Has anybody been able to figure out how to export .b3d animations *from* Blender (no .x to fragmotion to .b3d because it gets all wonky) with the vertices moving with the bones?

~Dale

Yue(Posted 2013) [#2]
I have exported animations from blender, however keep in mind that touches mark the key frames, at least one in the time line.

which version you use Blender?

Edit: No bones editing exported.

Dale Nation(Posted 2013) [#3]
I am using version Blender 2.65

The bones with the animation are being exported; however, the vertices of the mesh don't move with them.

Yue(Posted 2013) [#4]
I use version 2.67b, which plugin you use?

Remember not to export when you're changing or encouraging bones.

Dale Nation(Posted 2013) [#5]
That is the script I am using. Could you, perhaps, upload one of your animated .blend files that export animation when you export them? I think I may have my armature set up wrong.

Thanks

Yue(Posted 2013) [#6]
Ok, I will make a small model with a skeleton when I finish I step in the blend format.

Yue(Posted 2013) [#7]
ok, https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39767349/Goku.blend

Ok, I will make a small model with a skeleton when I finish I step in the blend format.

Dale Nation(Posted 2013) [#8]
Thank you for replying.

I saw your .blend file and saw that you parented the mesh to the armature. So I did using "envelope weights" and it works! The problem may also be that I wasn't at frame 0 when exporting.

Thank you!