Blitz3D Is openning and immidiatly get closed Win7

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Blitz3D Is openning and immidiatly get closed Win7

Hardcoal(Posted 2013) [#1]
Ive got windows 7 and ive installed latest blitz3D
and after compiling it shows like its starting and immidiatly get closed..

anyone can solve this..?!

using windows 7 32 bit latest version of blitz3d working on IDEAL editor
also tried previous version like 1.99 of b3d and yet didnt work

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#2]
Where did you install it?

If it's under c:\program files (instead of e.g. c:\blitz3d or something), then it may be UAC preventing the executable from getting built properly.

Try to either disable UAC, and/or re-install B3D in a folder outside of the
'program files' hierarchy.

Hardcoal(Posted 2013) [#3]
ah i installed in on d!

Hardcoal(Posted 2013) [#4]
my UAC is always off (I hate it :)

Its installed on D:Portable\Blitz3D

Its not ok that blitz research dont take care of this issue long time ago..

GaryV(Posted 2013) [#5]
B3D is a legacy product and not properly supported on default installs of Windows 7. Have you installed DirectX 7? If you haven't, you need to download the latest version of DirectX 9 and install it.

Hardcoal(Posted 2013) [#6]
what u mean i have dx11
should i still install 9 or 7 as well?

ok i installed dx9 nothing changed...

i guess its something about the 3d card that is too new or something.
maybe dx11 makes it not work.

dont know what to do

GaryV(Posted 2013) [#7]
what u mean i have dx11

It is not fully backwards compatible.

ok i installed dx9 nothing changed...

Something you can rule out now.

Provide some example code so others with B3D can test it for you.

Hardcoal(Posted 2013) [#8]
provided code..

Nothing special more then just

graphics3d 800,600

repeat

forever

yea i gussed intalling dx9 wont do reverse but yet i tried
i dont want to uninst dx11

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#9]
yea i gussed intalling dx9 wont do reverse but yet i tried
i dont want to uninst dx11

You don't need to, DX9 and DX11 will co-exist on the same system OK.

Also, stupid question: Are you running the latest version of B3D?
Some of the older versions could trigger the Windows DEP (Data Execution Prevention) subsystem, which got fixed some time ago in one
of the latest updates. The latest version is v1.106.

Hardcoal(Posted 2013) [#10]
I Used The Latest 1.106 sure.

I thought im not the only one with this problem.

Are you running B3d with DX11 Win7 32bit?

If so.. what else can it be.

GaryV(Posted 2013) [#11]
Are you running B3d with DX11 Win7 32bit?

Nobody will be running just that as B3D is not supported under DX11. B3D is a legacy product built on deprecated technology, you need to also have DirectX 9 installed on the system for it to properly work on Windows 7.

Hardcoal(Posted 2013) [#12]
I managed to install dx9 but not dx7.
It doesnt let you.

GaryV(Posted 2013) [#13]
DX7 is included with DX9, DX9 was the last version of DX to be fully backwards compatible.

Hardcoal(Posted 2013) [#14]
any way final line no solution for now
I wrote to blitzsupport

GaryV(Posted 2013) [#15]
Is there any reason you need to use B3D? Couldn't you use BlitxMax and miniB3D?

Floyd(Posted 2013) [#16]
Are you trying to run full screen or windowed? The command

graphics3d 800,600

will be windowed if run with debug on, full screen if off. Maybe you are trying to set an unsupported full screen mode.

This will always be windowed:

Graphics3D 800, 600, 0, 2

Text 300, 280, "This should be in a window."
WaitKey

I have no trouble running Blitz3D on Windows 7 64-bit.

Imperium(Posted 2013) [#17]
I'm thinking the user could have many other issues going on here that were not aware of. Would you happen to be using a hacked version of Windows? Is your Blitz software legit? I'm not accusing you of anything just curious. Recently on a new rig I installed Windows 7 32bit Ultimate and Blitz3d with Ideal. I have no service packs installed either and everything works fine.

Is your rig custom built or store bought? PC's from mainstream stores often are preloaded with a lot of nonsense including adware/spyware. These could be things affecting Blitz since they have a detrimental effect on your entire system.

Blitz has problems with some hardware mainly workstation cards but when Blitz doesn't work at all it's very likely a problem exists with the computer itself. You can also try uninstalling DirectX 9 and go with an earlier version here. I have tested Blitz3d on over 30 different modern systems haven't had a single issue yet.

http://www.oldversion.com/windows/directx/

_PJ_(Posted 2013) [#18]
I know that due to the fact Blitz writes its own prefs file in its install directory, that for security, Windows 7 will typically "Virtualise" any "Program Files" directories that write in these locations - therefore, the prefs file at least, will be found in a special folder that mimics the path from "Program Files" to the application (i.e. "BLiotz3D/bin/prefs") or whatever.

Sorry I can't explain it very well I'm unableto find the actuual virtualisation path at the moment -
I do not know how such virtualisation will affect programs if installed elsewhere, and whether Blitz may be trying to read/write the prefs file in an invalid/inaccessible location?
In such scenario, too, if COmpatibility mode is used to sandbox in a Windows format that doesn't do this virtualisation, then the issue may be compounded?

With regards to DirectX
Although DirectX11 does contain COM links to find compatibility with DX9.0c and earlier, I know that tehre have been issues with obsolete areas of DirectX such as DirectInput etc.

It may help to update DirectX and ensure that all components are installed:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

I have no idea if any of the above will help solve the issue or not, but they MAY be of use or relevant, and I'd rather suggest it than not just in case.