issues with blender animations

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/issues with blender animations

sirus(Posted 2013) [#1]
I am having issues with loading animations from blender into blitz3d.It just keeps telling me entity has no animation.I used bones to create an animation of a cube being deformed.the animation works in blender, but not in blitz3d.I don't know if i am doing something wrong i blitz or blender. I am new to all of this so i could really use some help.

sirus(Posted 2013) [#2]
Oh, and i should mention i am using the b3d exporter.

stayne(Posted 2013) [#3]
Are you loading the model with LoadAnimMesh?

Kryzon(Posted 2013) [#4]
One way to check if you're coding your scene correctly in Blitz3D is to test it with a model you KNOW has animation for sure, like the ones by Psionic:
http://www.psionicgames.com/?page_id=24 - The dwarf or zombie both come in .B3D format, have animation sequences and have been extensively used for testing in engines etc.

If you're displaying them with animation in Blitz3D correctly, then you know there's something wrong on the Blender side of your pipeline.

sirus(Posted 2013) [#5]
Ok i got the dwarf animation and it worked, but now i have no idea what i am doing wrong in blender, and yes i am using LoadAnimMesh.

SilverCoin(Posted 2013) [#6]
Are you using Gandalf's B3d exporter? If that's what you're using, as far as i've experienced, the last time that worked is with Blender 2.49b.

sirus(Posted 2013) [#7]
Yes i am using Gandalf's B3d exporter. I am also using blender 2.49.

Kryzon(Posted 2013) [#8]
Can you export node animation? That is, standard animation of objects with position\rotation\scale, without using armatures or bones.

sirus(Posted 2013) [#9]
no i tried that to it just comes up with the same error.