Can't Rebuild Modules under XP - ReadOnly?

Archives Forums/Win32 Discussion/Can't Rebuild Modules under XP - ReadOnly?

explosive(Posted 2010) [#1]
[SOLVED - SORRY!]

Hello everybody,

I'm sorry to ask you something that simple, but I just cannot get it working.

I'm trying to compile my projects under Win XP (moved from Mac OS / Linux). I have to add a few modules, but the menu "Build modules" is gray. Also using "bmk makemods" fails: "Build Error: failed to compile .../mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_app.c". Looking up the rights for the directory in the Explorer, I have green rect under "Read Only". Unchecking it and it takes a few seconds until the attributes are set. Opeing the dialog box again shows the same green rect under "Read only" again. Using the command "attrib" doesn't work either.

What am I doing wrong? Is it a problem with the unix attributes? I used ftp or a USB-Pendrive (with FAT32) to transfer the data.

Please don't punch me! I am really not used to windows.

Any help is very appreciated!
Many thanks in advance! Simon

Last edited 2010

_JIM(Posted 2010) [#2]
You need MinGW:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=90964

:)

explosive(Posted 2010) [#3]
Hi Andrej,

many thanks indeed!!! It seems to work - at least the compiler is now running.

Is the need for MinGW new? I think I remember having already used my Win XP System to compile code und Blitz Max? But I might be wrong. Maybe I then used my very old Win ME for that.

Greetings, Simon

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#4]
You only need MinGW to (re)compile modules, not code.

However, if you have any 3rd part modules that were originally compiled for an _older_ version of blitzmax, you'll typically need MinGW to recompile them for the current version.