INCBIN doesn't work with fonts?

Archives Forums/Win32 Discussion/INCBIN doesn't work with fonts?

Darkuni(Posted 2005) [#1]
Curious - is INCBIN supposed to support font loading?

It doesn't appear to work (works fine with images - but not with fonts).

Thanks!

skidracer(Posted 2005) [#2]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=41362

Also, I had a native imagefont file format that would allow this, will look at adding it back in soon.

Darkuni(Posted 2005) [#3]
Excellent ... I'll look into that.

A native file format would be EVEN BETTER. I'll be watching for that.

Thanks for the super fast response!

Wiebo(Posted 2005) [#4]
He, Hello Shane! I was struggling with this as well.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#5]
I have had a few times where incbin didnt load images, had to revert to just using loadimage as normall.

its strange guess its still a little buggy. I think it was when the images were in a subfolder that it wasent working for me.

RexRhino(Posted 2005) [#6]
Yeah, native file format would be EXCELLENT!!! Especially when it is often illegal to redistribute fonts (you can create your game graphics, including styled bitmap fonts, but are not allowed to ship the actually TTF... that is how it is with most font licences).

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#7]
Yavin, most likely you used a backslash to seperate dirs... you need to use a forward slash. Forward slashes work on every platform for pathnames, whereas it's really only Windows that uses backslashes. Backslashes not working in an IncBin command is more an oversight on Mark's part, but it's good practice to get into the habit of using forward slashes.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#8]
I think I might have tried both / and \ tbh .. but im not sure.

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#9]
If you used a forward slash and it still didn't work it might be worth reporting on the bug report forums...