UltraEdit

Archives Forums/Win32 Discussion/UltraEdit

Shagwana(Posted 2004) [#1]
Anyone using it with BlitzMax?

If so, hows it going and is it worth a purchase?

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#2]
Haven't used it for blitz, but I use it regularly to look at VB and TSQL code... And since the highlighting is a simple text file, I'm sure you could make up a bmax dictionary no problem. There's no better text editor out there.

But for actually doing bmax here... Protean all the way. :)

Unknown User(Posted 2004) [#3]
Yes! long live protean :) Screw anything else lol. merry Christmas all!

dan_upright(Posted 2004) [#4]
mein gott! sie lebt!

how are you lucy? you back for good this time?

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#5]
I love UE but I got fed up of setting things up everytime I upgrade OS/HD etc. So, I'm sticking with Blitz specific IDEs from now on.

Murilo(Posted 2004) [#6]
I've just shelled out for Protean (it's been reduced in price by 25% at the moment). I love it already... Very professional...

I own UltraEdit too, but tend to only use it for html and text documents (etc) these days.

Hotcakes(Posted 2004) [#7]
hey, yeh, I just noticed, Hi Lucifer (Hotcakes here)...

I've just shelled out for Protean (it's been reduced in price by 25% at the moment). I love it already... Very professional...

Yeh I thought Loki was planning on advertising that on the blitz front page too, but it's all a bit late now innit =]

Rob Hutchinson(Posted 2004) [#8]
Is it? :)

Hotcakes(Posted 2004) [#9]
Well, being that XMas is over and all. =]

I might be saying that a bit early for some people, but it's true where I am anyway! =]

Unknown User(Posted 2004) [#10]
how are you lucy? you back for good this time?

I am well thanks... but I am probably not back for good :) I am STILL trying to work out WHY I bought yet another language I will probably never use lol. I think i may put all the languages i own up for sale... but I guess i should speak to the powers that be, before i do that :)

anyway, how are you?

hey, yeh, I just noticed, Hi Lucifer (Hotcakes here)...

hello Toby :) hows it dangling me old jockstrap?

innerspace(Posted 2004) [#11]
no no, he's not back for good, I believe Christ distorys him in the end :) j/k

Unknown User(Posted 2004) [#12]
don't you bloody start ;)

FlameDuck(Posted 2004) [#13]
Anyone using it with BlitzMax?
Kinda.

If so, hows it going and is it worth a purchase?
Not if you're going to get it just for BlitzMAX. Get Protean instead, or wait for an Eclipse plug-in. :o>

I am STILL trying to work out WHY I bought yet another language I will probably never use lol.
ROCKSTAR ATE MY HAMSTER.

Well there's that or because you're a Blitz groupie... Got a hair-cut yet? :o>

LarsG(Posted 2004) [#14]
Anyone come across a (cheap) cross platform editor which works nicely with BlitzMax?

innerspace(Posted 2004) [#15]
LarsG: welcome to my world, well sort of.. I was never happy with the offerings for linux which they wave about as being this "really cool editor" only to find out that it was crap. I've tried them all, none of them for linux are that much good, the only thing I can sudjest for linux at least is 'cute' now you're going to have to do some coding on it's source to make it support your language, but it's reasonable I suppose.