Please Help (Win32)

Archives Forums/Win32 Discussion/Please Help (Win32)

Nennig(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi guys,

I am a new comer in the Blitz community and was very excited about the release of Blitzmax as it has some Object Oriented features.

However, I can´t manage to run the samples with the Beta Win32 release.

As I try to synchronize the modules, I get the following output which is pretty everything I can get.

Synchronize Modules
bmk commandline error
Usage: bmk operation [options] [parameters]
Operations:
makeapp Make application
makemods Make modules
cleanmods clean modules
listmods List modules
modstatus Module status
syncmods Synchronize modules
zapmod Zap module
unzapmod Unzap module
ranlibdir ranlib dirtree (MacOS)
docmods Create module docs
syncdocs Synchronize doc indexes
convertbb Convert .bb file to .bmx
Options:
-q Quiet mode
-v Verbose mode
-a Make all
-d Debug mode
-r Release mode
-k Kill source (danger!)
-o outputfile Specify output file
-f framework Specify framework

Process complete

My mod directory stays desperatly empty.
I dont´t really know what to do now. I am under XP Home Edition.
Thank you for your help.

flaith(Posted 2004) [#2]
give us the full directory of blitzmax !
you musn't have empty space in it

Nennig(Posted 2004) [#3]
Hi Flaith,

Thanks for looking at my case.

Here is where I placed Blitzmax on my PC.
C:\BlitzMaxBeta101

I am afraid that the empty space is not the problem here.
Any other idea?
Thanks

Floyd(Posted 2004) [#4]
I think a more likely explanation is the space in your user name.

So try, temporarily, changing the user name to something with no space.

Nennig(Posted 2004) [#5]
Hi Floyd.

As I registered I gave my First Name and Surname to be provided with a key. So there is a space in between there.
However it seems that my key was computed on this information and I need to enter it. Otherwise I receive a "Username or password not recognised" message.

I tried to change the data of my profile but it doesn´t work...
Well, any other idea?

Thanks

flaith(Posted 2004) [#6]
check properties of your directory. Is your windows account log as an admin ?

Nennig(Posted 2004) [#7]
Hi,

Yes, my window account is an admin one.

The properties of my directory was initially on a Read Only Mode. I changed it to enable some writing, including the subdirectories, and tried again to sync the modules but without success.

However as I try to check the status of my directory, it is set again to Read only. So I changed it again and again the status changed back to read only (or is it just a proposition from Windows ?) ....

Does it ring a bell ?

Thxs

flaith(Posted 2004) [#8]
When you check properties of your directory, have you got the "security" tab ? if yes that mean you're in NTFS, and you must enabled all the authorizations. In the name you certainly have "everybody". (don't know exactly if its the right term, i have a French Version)

RexRhino(Posted 2004) [#9]
I had this exact same problem... and it was because I was adding a space to my username! :)

Nennig(Posted 2004) [#10]
Well, I have a German Windows version but I am French (too?). It is a long story... :-)

I have the security tab, what should I do?

Merci

flaith(Posted 2004) [#11]
de rien :)
bon, cool, ca va etre plus simple.
tu as la liste des utilisateurs qui ont les droits sur ce rep. Normalement tu as "tout le monde" (et que lui), et dessous il doit y avoir une liste avec des cases à cocher (tout doit être accepté).

Nennig(Posted 2004) [#12]
Ok, je viens de faire les modifs que tu proposes, maintenant l´icone du repertoire a changé, il y a une main juste en dessous. Comme si ce repertoire etait tendu par une main.

J´ai l´impression que mes soucis ici viennent du fait que ma clef est basée sur mon prenom + un espace + mon nom de famille.J´ai bien essayé de mettre à jour mon profile, mais cela ne marche pas terrible.

T´en penses quoi?
Et merci encore..

flaith(Posted 2004) [#13]
une main ???
bon, autre proposition : Créé un nouveau rep. c:\Blitmax
vérifie que tu es bien en lecture/ecriture, et décompresse ensuite, dans ce nouveau rep., le zip que tu as téléchargé et re-vérifie si tu as les droits de lecture/ecriture !

Nennig(Posted 2004) [#14]
desole, je dois filer, ma copine me gueule deja dessus... :-)))

Merci pour ton aide flaith.
J´essaierai de regler ce prob plus tard.

a+

flaith(Posted 2004) [#15]
héhé ;)
ok @+

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#16]
*frantically hits "English/ UK" Language Button.....

Mark... Si.... Whoever does the site....

Look up , your language code has failed and the site keeps turning french half way down this page!!! ;)

flaith(Posted 2004) [#17]
LOL :D

Extron(Posted 2004) [#18]
Un peu de Molière ça fait pas de mal. ;)

marksibly(Posted 2004) [#19]
Hi,

Use 'edit profile' on the 'account' page to remove the space from your username.

VIP3R(Posted 2004) [#20]
I wonder if he's misunderstanding username? his username doesn't have any spaces in it.

Nennig, when you are asked for your username and password during the module synchronising, you should enter the following (not your real name):

Username: Nennig
Password: <the password you log in with>

[edit] Ah sorry Nennig - Perturbatio and Mark are right, your username and nickname are two different things depending on how you entered them. You probably have your real name as your username, change it to 'Nennig' as Mark described.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#21]
your username is not the same (usually) as your forum nickname, I know mine isn't.

Nennig(Posted 2004) [#22]
Hi guys,

It finally works. I mixed up my password to login and the activation key I received at the purchase. Sorry..... ;-)

Thanks a lot for your help.

I am glad to be onboard now.

bye

FlameDuck(Posted 2004) [#23]
your username is not the same (usually) as your forum nickname, I know mine isn't.
For real?

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#24]
For real?

ummm... yes.

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#25]
then this only holds for "old" costumers.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#26]
having a username seperate from your nickname makes your account more secure (since it's unlikely that people will be able to randomly guess your username).