Compile Errors

Archives Forums/Win32 Discussion/Compile Errors

Muttley(Posted 2004) [#1]
I'm having difficulty getting any of the examples to compile.

First off the "Synchronise Modules" fails with the following error in the IDE and if I run it via the command line:

Synchronize Modules
Error connecting to server: Unknown error

So I ripped the modules out of the OS X version archive, and compiled the modules successfully (no errors came up at all) with: C:\BlitzMax\bin>bmk makemods -a -r

But every example I try to compile comes up with the following errors druing compile:

C:\BlitzMax\bin>bmk makeapp c:\BlitzMax\samples\spintext\spintext.bmx
Compiling:spintext.bmx
flat assembler version 1.51
4 passes, 6846 bytes.
Linking:spintext.exe
C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/oggvorbis.mod/oggvorbis.d.a(oggdecoder.c.d.o)(.text+0x51
):oggdecoder.c: undefined reference to `ov_open_callbacks'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/oggvorbis.mod/oggvorbis.d.a(oggdecoder.c.d.o)(.text+0x60
):oggdecoder.c: undefined reference to `ov_pcm_total'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/oggvorbis.mod/oggvorbis.d.a(oggdecoder.c.d.o)(.text+0x6d
):oggdecoder.c: undefined reference to `ov_info'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/oggvorbis.mod/oggvorbis.d.a(oggdecoder.c.d.o)(.text+0x7d
):oggdecoder.c: undefined reference to `ov_info'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/oggvorbis.mod/oggvorbis.d.a(oggdecoder.c.d.o)(.text+0xd9
):oggdecoder.c: undefined reference to `ov_read'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/oggvorbis.mod/oggvorbis.d.a(oggdecoder.c.d.o)(.text+0x10
6):oggdecoder.c: undefined reference to `ov_clear'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/freetypefont.mod/freetypefont.d.a(freetypefont.bmx.d.o.b
)(code+0x79d): undefined reference to `FT_Init_FreeType'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/freetypefont.mod/freetypefont.d.a(freetypefont.bmx.d.o.b
)(code+0x80e): undefined reference to `FT_New_Face'
)(code+0x896): undefined reference to `FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes'
)(code+0xc01): undefined reference to `FT_Get_Char_Index'
)(code+0xc22): undefined reference to `FT_Load_Glyph'
)(code+0xd08): undefined reference to `FT_Render_Glyph'
Build Error: Failed to link c:/BlitzMax/samples/spintext/spintext.exe
C:\BlitzMax\bin>

Errors

Muttley(Posted 2004) [#2]
Damn. Pressed the wrong button. ;)

To continue. Anyone else come accross these problems?

The modules mentioned in the error are definitely in the paths stated.

Cheers

Muttley

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#3]
I have no problems compiling, but I did use the syncmods update. I did nothing special to get it to work.
At a guess, I'd say the mods that come with the demo are not up to date enough.
Maybe some kind hearted BRL personage will mail you them, or a donwload link for them?

Error connecting to server: Unknown error

Are you on dial-up? if so, I'd suspect a timeout since everyone and their dog will be downloading from this site at the moment.

Muttley(Posted 2004) [#4]
On a 2Mb link here, and there are no proxies involved (although my address is NAT'd through the firewall).

It fails immediately rather than timing out though.

Not a DNS issue as the server is resolvable, and I can access it through a web browser too.

I actually extracted the modules from the full OS X version as I've just bought it, so hopefully they should be reasonably up to date.

Just discovered that the Firepaint example compiles and works perfectly, so it's not everything.

Cheers

Muttley

BlitzSupport(Posted 2004) [#5]
Try plain makemods too (no -r) -- to build the debug modules.

Muttley(Posted 2004) [#6]
OK. I've now installed the beta on my home machine and everything worked first time.

Obviously something screwy's going on on my work laptop (same OS and service pack levels on both).

I'll try reinstalling it from scratch on the lappy and see what happens.

Cheers

Muttley