receiving data from a different thread (crosspost)

Archives Forums/Win32 Discussion/receiving data from a different thread (crosspost)

col(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi all,

I've posted this question in the 'Max programming section but it may get better exposure here...

I appreciate this isn't really supported but there are a few of us who use BlitzMax for things other than it was intended.

I have a windows ( os ) thread created and running in C ( imported and called from 'Max ). I send the threadid thats created as a parameter to windows function. The intention is that windows will send data into the thread via the message system ( presumably by using PostThreadMessage but I don't know ). So now I need to receive messages from windows within this thread using the GetMessage command. I'm not receiving anything at all and the call blocks while waiting ( as is designed ).

Are there maybe some async operations or calls that I should be doing to keep things moving with 'Max own message pumping? I'm wondering if 'Max own message pump is processing the messages and they get lost somewhere/somehow ?

Cheers!