BlitzMax + Koriolis ZipStream module + B3DSDK

Archives Forums/Blitz3D SDK Programming/BlitzMax + Koriolis ZipStream module + B3DSDK

Digital Anime(Posted 2010) [#1]
I'm trying to put all textures, meshes and sounds into 1 package with password protection or incbinned in the main exe file, but I seem to run into some problems no matter what I use or try.

It's no problem to incbin the .wav files, textures seem to be a known problem tho.

From the forum I found the option to use the Koriolis ZipStream module, but for some reason it won't work when I want to do something like this when using incbin on the zipfile :

local texture = bbloadtexture ("zip::incbin::zipfile.zip//texture.png")

texture seems to be NULL afterwards.

Even if I don't incbin the zipfile it the problem stays the same.

So I wonder if it is a limitation of the Koriolis ZipStream module in combination with B3DSDK bbload commands or something that I'm doing wrong.

I also noticed that when you load a texture using bbloadtexture is not TTexture but INT?

And if this is not possible are there any other good sollutions available to do the same thing? (Molebox is a little too expensive for me tho)

Koriolis(Posted 2010) [#2]
Unfortunately this was expected...
Blitz3DSDK is NOT, as far as I know, written in BlirzMax (pretty logical considering it is basically Blitz3D code, which predates BlitzMax, turned into a library).
Thus Blitz3DSDK doesn't use the BlitzMax stream system, which means that when it loads a resource it has zero chance to ever reach the ZipStream code.

In order for them to work together, the only solution I see is for BRL to build a special version of Blitz3DSDK for BlitzMax, that uses BlitzMax stream system for every resource loading.

Digital Anime(Posted 2010) [#3]
Thank you for your quick reply.

This at least answers my question. I know how to use modules but I don't know what happens on the background or how it exactly works, as long as it works.

Your mod will still be a great sollution for other future projects that don't work with the B3DSDK. I think I can best look for something that can do the same as Molebox but without the huge $$$ attached to it to run the software in a virtual enviroment.