Same Game

Archives Forums/Blitz3D SDK Programming/Same Game

CoderLaureate(Posted 2008) [#1]
One of my biggest problems with embracing the B3DSDK has actually been my own inability to accept C# as a game programming language. But it's actually a fine language for writting games. I've been using it since it came out, but only for work (web and desktop apps).

So...

Here's my first game offering in C#.
It's nothing fancy (my graphic design abilities are far below par).

Download it here.

You can also download the source code here.

I'm sure the source code could be optimized, but I wrote the game in a day and a half, so don't fault me for it. My next project will probably be some sort of Asteroids clone to see how well C# can handle multiple floating objects and animations.

**To run the game you will need the b3d.dll installed on your machine. I purposely left it out.
EDIT: The dll is now included in the download
**To work on the source code you will need to add the file 'b3dsdk.cs' to your project for the same reason.
**You will also need the .net framework 2.0 installed on your machine as well. Go to the microsoft web site for this free download.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#2]
**To run the game you will need the b3d.dll installed on your machine. I purposely left it out.

not having the SDK im assuming its part of the gubbins
but if it is vital to run the game or any other app you might make, NOT distributing it (unless the EULA/BRL say you SHOULDNT) means only other SKD users get to play

kinda how XNA is/was when it first came out or the playstation yarouze, you needed one of em to play but joe blogs downloading your game will find it refusing to run because of your ommission and think sod this for a game of soldiers ill try something else

**To work on the source code you will need to add the file 'b3dsdk.cs' to your project for the same reason.

thats different to the .dll issue as you SHOULDNT be posting BRL property with game downloads so i agree with this ommission

**You will also need the .net framework 2.0 installed on your machine as well. Go to the microsoft web site for this free download

this one is probably not an issue, im sure some game installers dump some part of it somewhere and might be part of some direct X redistribution dl too (but i could be wrong) and slapping it in a zip just bloats it needlessly

CoderLaureate(Posted 2008) [#3]
I wasn't sure if you could redistribute the dll, so I played it safe and omitted the file. But I think you're right. As long as I don't include the b3dsdk.cs file in the source, everything should be ok.

Here's the link with the b3d.dll included.

Same Game

H&K(Posted 2008) [#4]
Blitz3D SDK License.

The Blitz3D SDK is copyright Blitz Research Ltd ("BRL"),
and remains the commercial property of BRL

This license permits the holder the right to redistribute
the b3d.dll runtime library found in the redist folder with
their own applications.