BlitzBasic 3D SDK

Archives Forums/Blitz3D SDK Programming/BlitzBasic 3D SDK

Andrew Mann2(Posted 2008) [#1]
is it a sdk to use with other program?
does the sdk work with briskVM?

Beaker(Posted 2008) [#2]
It does if you have BlitzMax. It also works with c++, python, c# etc, but not alongside BriskVM.

Koriolis(Posted 2008) [#3]
Actually BriskVM currently supports BlitzMax, Blitz3D/BlitzPlus, PureBasic and C++. So by example you can definitely use BriskVM with BlitzMax & Blitz3D SDK, or BriskVM with C++ & Blitz3D SDK

Beaker(Posted 2008) [#4]
Oops! my mistake. Have you considered a C# version?

Koriolis(Posted 2008) [#5]
Not that much I must confess. I tend to think more about fully native languages as the main useful targets for the host languages.
But it all depends on the demand. If there is enough demand, for sure I'll consider it.

I started a little poll on my forum, you can put your vote there:
http://www.koriolis-fx.com/forum/index.php?topic=50.0

Andrew Mann2(Posted 2008) [#6]
Nothing Post

Andrew Mann2(Posted 2008) [#7]
Nothing Post (old post but unable to use Amiga SDK 1.01 for Windows)

Andrew Mann2(Posted 2008) [#8]
Nothing Post

Andrew Mann2(Posted 2008) [#9]
Nothing Post

Andrew Mann2(Posted 2008) [#10]
has any one tryed converting BlitzMax module (brucey's boost module) to a Blitz3D SDK?

Andrew Mann2(Posted 2008) [#11]
Nothing Post

GfK(Posted 2008) [#12]
i will be using Liberty Basic In the Future unless BlitzBasicMax becomes easyer to program with.
Blitzmax is very straightforward. How easy do you want it to be?

Andrew Mann2(Posted 2008) [#13]
Nothing Post

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#14]
i need to be able to use Amiga SDK 1.01

Why?

CoderLaureate(Posted 2008) [#15]
The Blitz3D SDK is windows compatable only. The Amiga SDK (I wasted my money on this a few years ago) features a virtual machine that runs byte code very similar to Java. Which is why there's a bastardized version of Java included in the Amiga SDK. I would suggest steering far away from the Amiga SDK. Amiga is a fish flopping around on the dry pavement just waiting to die.

And believe me, this is comming from an Amiga enthusiast. I used to *LOVE* my Amiga.

Andrew Mann2(Posted 2008) [#16]
Nothing Post

Andrew Mann2(Posted 2008) [#17]
Nothing Post

Andrew Mann2(Posted 2008) [#18]
Nothing Post

Andrew Mann2(Posted 2008) [#19]
Nothing Post

CoderLaureate(Posted 2008) [#20]
The idea of the Amiga-SDK was to promote the creation of games for a tiny little virtual machine called "amiga anywhere" (I think the name for this VM has changed a few times due to different marketing strategies). The virtual machine can be run on cell phones, pocket pc devices, computers etc. It isn't really compatable with anything. It has it's own environment (graphics, sound, etc.).

At first the SDK was only available for Linux. A windows version soon followed. I bought the Windows version. It basically provides a command line environment (like linux) where you can use text editors (it comes with Pico) to write programs in Java, C++, or their pseudo assembly language. The Demos compiled nicely. I can't remember which version I had (might have been 1.01).

It really has nothing to do with real Amigas. In theory, when Amiga came out with OS 4.0 or higher, it would have a version of the VM so your programs would run on the new Amigas. But there are long standing legal issues over which hardware platform to use. There was a PPC platform available at one time for the Amiga One (New Amiga hardware). But it was *extremely* expensive.

I loved the old Amigas and would really love to see a new one on the market with todays modern hardware. The Amiga OS was ahead of it's time, and most companies could learn a thing or two from it's true multi-tasking system. But alas, I fear Amiga will forever be a hobbiest pipe dream.

Andrew Mann2(Posted 2008) [#21]
Product Requst for Blitz3D SDK. be Liberty Basic GOLD Compatible ( Liberty Basic GOLD is Compatible with LB CALLDLL calls to use sdks) and True Basic Silver compatilbe and True Basic Gold Compatible)

Andrew Mann2(Posted 2008) [#22]
Nothing Post

Amon(Posted 2008) [#23]
Just learn BlitzMax. You say you've licensed it so why not use it. You don't have to use the OOP features and it works flawlessly with B3D SDK.

imho BlitzMax is more powerfull and easier to use than Liberty Basic.

You need to just start coding. You'll soon be fluent in BlitzMax. There's no point in drifitng from one basic language to the next. I did the same as you with 3d engines but I finally settled on one to use.

Andrew Mann2(Posted 2008) [#24]
Nothing Post

Andrew Mann2(Posted 2008) [#25]
Nothing Post

Barnabius(Posted 2008) [#26]
You've started this thread four months ago, which is more than enough time to actually create all the necessary declaration files for the particular language you are using for your work.

I remember it took me less than two hours to create the include file for Emergence BASIC and I am happily using EBasic with B3D SDK ever since. If nothing else, creating your own declaration file(s) will make you understand much better what's going on inside B3D SDK. So, my suggestion would be to stop asking people and BRL to do your job. You have the SDK with all the necessary info, so you're just few hours/days away from what you want.

Why I sounded a bit rude? Because B3D SDK is so easy to use with almost any language capable of using a DLL and anyone who thinks of himself as a programmer should be able to do this without too much or any outside help.

Barney

Andrew Mann2(Posted 2008) [#27]
I contacted Liberty Basic and said need to use LB CALLDLL calls for SDK.

Andrew Mann2(Posted 2008) [#28]
Nothing Post

Mr. Slat(Posted 2008) [#29]
how can i get it to work on python??

I recently came across with python wich seems a really good programming language.
beaker you said that the 3d sdk works on python...

Mr. Slat(Posted 2008) [#30]
?

Beaker(Posted 2008) [#31]
Have a look here:
blitz3d SDK and python

Mr. Slat(Posted 2008) [#32]
i get it. error lol

Beaker(Posted 2008) [#33]
Does the link work for you?

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#34]
If the link doesn't work, you may need to register your B3DSDK serial number in the Account section of the site in order to gain access to it.

Mr. Slat(Posted 2008) [#35]
hmm...