SDK & DX7

Archives Forums/Blitz3D SDK Programming/SDK & DX7

Moraldi(Posted 2008) [#1]
What are the plans about releasing SDK based on DX8 and above?
Are we have to wait only for updates dealing with bug fixes on the existing SDK?

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2008) [#2]
There won't be a DX8 SDK. It has been stated before that B3D is considered a complete product and there won't be any major updates bar bug fixes, and as the SDK is essentially a wrapped B3D...

Kale Kold(Posted 2008) [#3]
If that's true then the SDK is a complete waste of money. I've recently bought it and have found numerous bugs and from what i've seen of the activity on the SDK forum and the bug forum, nothing is addressed.

If this is finished i'd hate to have seen what the beta was like!

Moraldi(Posted 2008) [#4]
It is true that SDK MUST go to DX8 and above. Otherwise BRL simply quits from SDK's (see Dark GDK) market.
Having in their hands Max3D in the near future I can't see any obvious reason why not to sell it as a stand alone SDK for serious programing using a C++ compiler...

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2008) [#5]
Kale... as I said, bug fixes are a different issue. Have you posted in the bug forum concerning the problems you've found?

Kale Kold(Posted 2008) [#6]
Nomen luni, nah i havn't because it's obvious nobody's (read developer(s)) are looking in there. I can't wait weeks or months for a fix when i need to get on coding. oh well.