Package it all up..

Archives Forums/Blitz3D SDK Programming/Package it all up..

Zumwalt(Posted 2007) [#1]
Ok, now on to the real question, Molebox pro can't package the b3d.dll up with all of the material that needs to use the DLL, now, the SDK doesn't come with a "packager", so how are we supposed to package up the media in such a way that it is usable, distribute the exe and dll and have it all happy together?

Barnabius(Posted 2007) [#2]
Which version of the Molebox Pro are you using? I am using v2.6.1 and it packs everything nicely. I've just packed your Aurora demo, SDK media folder and b3d.dll. Everything is working O.K. Size was just over 3 MB.

Barney

Zumwalt(Posted 2007) [#3]
v2.2591 according to the window title.
I went into my account and downloaded the latest stable, I'll go grab the latest build instead of the latest stable if the latest build is 2.6.1 then.

Zumwalt(Posted 2007) [#4]
Stable MoleBox PRO
2.2951 12.10.2007

Last MoleBox PRO
2.2975 22.11.2007

Neither work, they both can't use the DLL for some reason. Bizzar

Barnabius(Posted 2007) [#5]
Interesting. I'll download the latest version and try it out. DLL inclusion into the single file was one of the reasons why I purchased Pro version of Molebox, and so far it always worked.

Barney

Kanati(Posted 2007) [#6]
There are other install makers out there too... just use google and search for them.

installshield... wise... and I'm relatively certain there are some open source packagers out there too for the cheap or broke...

Leon Drake(Posted 2008) [#7]
i think INNO Setup tool is the best one ive found thats free. it uses 7zip compression.

ozak(Posted 2008) [#8]
Yeah. Molebox pro packages the b3d.dll into the exe file just fine :)

Leon Drake(Posted 2008) [#9]
im trying to make a lmza module for bmax. they have the source code but i was only able tof ind source for reading 7zip not creating.