What comes next?

Archives Forums/Blitz3D SDK Programming/What comes next?

Gorgar(Posted 2007) [#1]
The SDK is terribly buggy. Memory leaks is the worst thing that can happen. I wonder how this release could be distributed at all 'cause a serious developer MUST realize bugs like that and TEST before selling a SDK.
I'm originally no game programmer but I'm a professional C/C++ programmer and I cannot believe what kind of problems appear in this SDK. I used Blitz3D for a while and I always disliked that BASIC stuff
and no real OOP. So I was glad the SDK came out. But it looks like another money making tool without support.
Blitz3D is V1.99 now - what comes next? We had a lot of
products but none of them was really supported and there were no roadmaps for future releases and what will be the next goal. Next year we'll get a new package of software called BlitzWOW and it is a little different from the exixting products and ao on...
I think there os no other way as to use Directx SDK and C++ if you will have any future for your game development except you are a kid who wants to fool around a little bit and spend some money.
This is really poor but thats the reason why creating software and especially games is a long and hard job for more than 1 kid. I didn't want to spend too much time on DirectX SDK but it seems there is no other choice.

Barnabius(Posted 2007) [#2]
I am just curious... Why do you keep insisting that you are professional C++ programmer? Do you imply that us lesser mortals who happen not to like C++ are not professional?

And this subforum is about specific bugs, not just general broadly sweeping statements like yours. You could've at least told us where did you find all those memory leaks? Oh.. sorry.. I just read your last statement. Presumably you did not have time to study the SDK properly...

Barney

marksibly(Posted 2007) [#3]
Hi,

To the best of my knowledge, the only remaining bugs are a play movie memory leak and some omissions/problems with the header files.

If you are aware of more issue, please post in bug reports.

Barnabius(Posted 2007) [#4]
Khm... khm... don't forget about the loading of RLE encoded bitmap files, Mark. ;-)

Thank you...

Barney

marksibly(Posted 2007) [#5]
Barnabius,

Can you email me some RLE files? blitzmunter at gmail dot com.

Would be a nice addition to Max too...

MeowZ(Posted 2007) [#6]
"To the best of my knowledge, the only remaining bugs are a play movie memory leak and some omissions/problems with the header files."

Hi Mark,

Those bugs should not take long time to fix, isn't it?
Could you tell us schedule to release update?
I'm sure people is waiting. Thank you.

Barnabius(Posted 2007) [#7]
Mark,

I've sent the files to the address you indicated.

Thank you
Barney