Alt Tab (v101)

Archives Forums/Blitz3D SDK Programming/Alt Tab (v101)

DrMark(Posted 2007) [#1]
Alt tabbing in full screen mode now causes the contents of surfaces (images) to be lost so as my application doesn not reload on gaining focus I juts get a screen full of garbage. Is this intended (it's what I would have expected but didn't happen pre 101)?

marksibly(Posted 2007) [#2]
Hi,

Are the images static (eg: from a LoadImage) or dynamic (eg: from LockBuffer/WritePixel etc)?

DrMark(Posted 2007) [#3]
I lose everything (static and dynamic). Hopefull this can be fixed as I need to load up a lot on app startup and having to reload everything on regaining focus would not be good for the user.

I'm using C++ (Visual studio 2005)

Cheers.

Mark.

marksibly(Posted 2007) [#4]
Hi,

Think I've found it - new update soon.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2007) [#5]
Better. Wish you'd spend more time on this Mark, to get it 100% bug free. C++/BlitzMax and a solid 3d (and easy to use) engine is very appealing.

DrMark(Posted 2007) [#6]
PS:

While running my application in WINDOWED mode (and minimised) I noticed it seems to be interfering with other applications excessively. I noticed a significant slowdown while using other applications (while my blitz game is minimised) that I wouldn’t usually expect with a minimised app.

I could actually live with this if it's just the way blitz does things but if it's a bug it needs sorting as it may kill lower spec machines.

Cheers,

Mark.

Barnabius(Posted 2007) [#7]
Blitz takes all CPU times for itself. In order to give the system and other apps chance to do whatever they have to do, you must put an appropriate command inside your game loop. Don't know about C++ as I am not using it but with Emergence Basic I just use WAIT command which does the job. Other solution I use is to handle the message pump myself.

Barney