Using PhysX with B3D SDK and Visual C++?

Archives Forums/Blitz3D SDK Programming/Using PhysX with B3D SDK and Visual C++?

Bukky(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hey guys,

Any tips on how to set up PhysX to work with the B3D SDK and Visual C++ Express? Also, are there any reliable free alternatives?

This is the PhysX package that I am looking at btw:

http://rubux.swargo.com/?module=index

MeowZ(Posted 2007) [#2]
I am using PhysX. At first, I started with Newton but it has memory problem. Newton does not clear memory and does not support SDK C++ directly. PhysX is a real fine product with very well support.

It's worth in any ways.

Cheers,

Bukky(Posted 2007) [#3]
Hey MeowZ!

How did you go about setting it up with your project? Do you have it working with C++?

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#4]
At first, I started with Newton but it has memory problem. Newton does not clear memory and does not support SDK C++ directly.

I can only assume that you meant to say that some Blitz-related Newton Wrapper has those issues, because neither of those statements is true about Newton itself.

MeowZ(Posted 2007) [#5]
Bukky << Yes, I have PhysX working with C++. Now I'm using Visual Studio 2005. My latest project is arcade shooting with 2 light guns which has 20 stages. Half of the stages has Physics calculation. It is almost done, now I'm checking up the final memory management. The setup is so easy, just include header file and lib.

Gabriel << Yes, you're right. It was Newton Wrapper. I did not try with original Newton without wrapper and I would not conclude original Newton has those bugs. Thanks.