Updates

Archives Forums/Blitz3D SDK Programming/Updates

H&K(Posted 2007) [#1]
Do you have a time table for when the first Update is expected to be realised?

CodeGit(Posted 2007) [#2]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=71292

H&K(Posted 2007) [#3]
Ahh, but since then code Skid has posted several times saying (and I quote), "Yep, thats fixed in the first update", so ..... etc

MeowZ(Posted 2007) [#4]
Hope for best, plan for worst.

Cheers,

DrMark(Posted 2007) [#5]
Some kind of rough estimate on the update would be appreciated. I realise it's impossible to set a specific release date as something else may be reported but the memory leaks specifically mean I can't release anything until they are fixed so it would be good to have some kind of idea when we can expect the update.

H&K(Posted 2007) [#6]
Ive been spoilt by sync Mods.

In the BMax forum, Mark or Skid say somethings fixed, and you syncMods and its fixed.
So it seems too long a wait (no matter how long it is), between when Skid says, "Yep thats fixed", and when you can actualy get the fix.

PS, Im in no actual rush to get the Udates, though. (other than not "Next year")

errno!(Posted 2007) [#7]
Mark's too cool to do updates.

MeowZ(Posted 2007) [#8]
Totally agree with DrMark. Bugs in Sound and Movie memory leak hit me hard. Also FreeEntity does not free memory. Now I use Audiere instead of bbSound until it fix, and use DirectShow instead of bbMovie. T___T

For FreeEntity bug, I just hide all entity and show it again when I need it. This method need more RAM but it works.

I also need to know the estimate schedule for next update as well, I posted to ask here but no answer.