How to get SystemProperty("Direct3DDevice7") in C?

Archives Forums/Blitz3D SDK Programming/How to get SystemProperty("Direct3DDevice7") in C?

MeowZ(Posted 2007) [#1]
How can I get SystemProperty("Direct3DDevice7") in C/C++? I am working on porting FastImage for B3D to SDK in C/C++. I come so close but cannot initialize Fastimage with {InitDraw SystemProperty("Direct3DDevice7")} << equivalent in B3D IDE. I tried several ways but it did not work. Please help.

DStastny(Posted 2007) [#2]
Its not yet in there, Skid mentioned support for function in next release. I am waiting for it as well.

Doug

MeowZ(Posted 2007) [#3]
Hi Budman,

I've read many posts you contributed here ^^.
What I'm asking is how to do it in C not by SDK? Is it something about Direct3D VTable? I have little knowledge about it.

BTW, how do we know when new SDK release? Thank you.

DStastny(Posted 2007) [#4]
@Meowz, no idea about SDK update. As for getting the interface to Direct3DDevice7. You need to have the SDK expose the instance it is using, or you can combine it with SDK. Hence the need for SystemProperty.

If you want to program DX7 from scratch that is much larger topic, and way beyond scope of simple message.

Doug

MeowZ(Posted 2007) [#5]
Hi Budman,

I just want to know what is exactly return from function SystemProperty("Direct3DDevice7") in B3D. I need to pass it to FastImage's InitDraw function. BRL developer can answer this question definitely. Do you have any ideas?

MeowZ

SopiSoft(Posted 2007) [#6]
Why isn't there a bbSystemProperty() function yet? I'm wondering how many other Blitz3D functions are still missing from the B3DSDK.

DStastny(Posted 2007) [#7]
@Meowz

SystemProperty returns the IDirect3dDevice Interface. I dont know how any easier to explain it. Its the raw DirectX interface.

Doug

MeowZ(Posted 2007) [#8]
Hi Budman,

Now I understand how Direct3D works and already tried several simple D3D programming to understand it. However, I cannot find a way to get that pointer without SystemProperty whick available in B3D! Without that pointer, I think there's no ways to write anything on Blitz's screen. Y____Y.

Anyone could help me out?